Cruising Single

Thanks!! I'm feeling a little "safe" being on a cruise. Hopefully I'm not being nieve. I don't think I would take a land vacation by myself being female and all. I had decided that I would only do organised tours through the ship and not just venture out on my own.

All of you single cruising ladies have inspired me! (I get really tired of trying to find someone else who wants to enjoy life as much as I do.)

My other one is with HAL and I'm trying their Roommate program. It should all be really interesting for sure. :)

Thanks for the advice. I'll be needing as much as I can get.

Not to be a mother hen( im only 40 ) but be careful. There have been lots of stories in the news lately. Go to Cruise Bruise website or cruise junkie events at sea and just read over what to be cautious of...better safe than sorry- I give you credit, if I were single it would be hard to go it alone, but I dont really like beign alone anyhow. I bet you will have the time of your life---just be safe and careful. I bet you'll have an incredible time....

I'm curious, have any of you solo cruisers ever felt unsafe onboard? I've seen some women onboard get hit on by some very persistent guys, and while I'm sure it's all harmless, I'm just wondering if there is that element of concern. Especially since the stateroom hallways are all public areas.

No I've never felt unsafe, but I keep very aware of my surroundings, just like I would anywhere else.

Jenny: How old aare you?

I live in Williamsburg. And i think going solo would be great...Sometimes after a cruise with Dh and DS and DD I need another one.....

I'm 36. Old enough to have a little life experience and wisdom, young enough to not waste the rest of my life waiting on other people to get out there with.

I'm really suprised about the whole Head Waiter story! 1:00am!! Holy cow! I would be sooooo unimpressed. Creap. :cool:

I was always told that staff are not allowed to contact anyone or have any real contact other than the job...grounds for immediate firing.

Jenny: I am impressed that you can go by yourself...that is wonderful. You will never be alone that is for sure... Have a great time and let us all know how it worked out for you. Are you considering any cruises out of Norfolk. We had hoped more would come in... Empress would be fine for DH and I but for the kids going to Bermuda I think they would be bored. That to me is an adult destination, and that cruise would be too considering the ship.

I was always told that staff are not allowed to contact anyone or have any real contact other than the job...grounds for immediate firing.

I have had this happen on more than a few occasions over the years, unfortunately. And it has happened to me travelling solo and also when I travel with friends.

The worst was on X when I was repeated "approached", called, etc. by a maitre'd the dining room He called late at night, sent flowers and wine to the cabin, etc. I finally threatened to report him to the Hotel Director and it stopped.

Jenny: I am impressed that you can go by yourself...that is wonderful. You will never be alone that is for sure... Have a great time and let us all know how it worked out for you. Are you considering any cruises out of Norfolk. We had hoped more would come in... Empress would be fine for DH and I but for the kids going to Bermuda I think they would be bored. That to me is an adult destination, and that cruise would be too considering the ship.

Both of the cruises that I booked are out of Norfolk. Empress of the Seas May '07, and HAL Maasdam 12 '06. I like leaving locally. Will be my fourth cruise out of Norfolk.

Archived