Kukoo Kunuku

bling19572010

We did this in May with our 21 yr. old. There is lots of different ages and she had as much fun as we did. It is well worth the money and fun for everyone. One family even drug their elderly grandmother with them. Not sure she had such a great time, but she did manage to shake her maraca.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all!!!

I see on Carnival they have this tour (Kukoo Kunuku) or $79. I looked on their personal website to see if I could book it on my own but couldn't find a price, maybe I missed it. Does anyone know what the price might be for the same thing they offer on Carnival Destiny?

Thanks

I found their website at:

http://www.kukookunuku.com/

The regular price is $59..but have an internet special of $54.

The only thing that bothers me is the fact that their "party" runs from 5-12 midnight. We are on the Carnival Destiny and will need to be back to the ship by 10:30.

I guess we'll have to pay the extra and book thru the ship....as much as that bothers me!

Please let me know if you find out anything different.

Thanks

Deb

I found their website at:

http://www.kukookunuku.com/

The regular price is $59..but have an internet special of $54.

The only thing that bothers me is the fact that their "party" runs from 5-12 midnight. We are on the Carnival Destiny and will need to be back to the ship by 10:30.

I guess we'll have to pay the extra and book thru the ship....as much as that bothers me!

Please let me know if you find out anything different.

Thanks

Deb

Ahh that is what I thought. I saw the site and said the same thing. Yeah it looks like we might have to fork out the extra money.

Thanks for your reply.

the crowd varies in ages...I did it for my 26th birthday and brought my 52 year old mother along too (she has as much fun as I did). The dinner was AMAZING -- the only selection is chicken or beef, I don't eat either and they made me a special plate :-)

The crowd really depends on your ship. I did the Kukoo Kunuku in February on my Brilliance cruise where the average age of the ship was a lot older than most cruises. Most of the people on the excursion were middle aged, although there about 5 of us in our 20s. Don't let age discourage you though, we had an amazing, fun time together, drinking dancing, singing, and having fun. We did not do the dinner portion.

Do you feel it was worth the money? Also, when you went to the lighthouse, could you go inside it?

ABSOLUTELY :-) We did it while on vacation in Aruba and not part of a cruise excursion and I think the cost has changed. However, it was well worth the money!! You will get a ticket for a free drink at each bar (usually three stops plus dinner). Also, at dinner you will be given the option to purchase a refillable cup (with a lid so you don't spill your drink on the bus as Aruba has no drinking & driving law) for $5.00 (I think)...after you have used your free drink coupon at each bar you can fill your cup for $5.00 ($3.00 for beer) with whatever you desire!! So, yes to me, the cost was well worth it! You get a bus to drive you around; dinner at a AMAZING house; three free drinks (I think four if you count dinner) and a highly entertaining staff!!

You will get a glass of Champange at the Lighthouse however no one went inside. Actually, I have been there on three different trips and I have never known it to be open to the public. I am sure one of your tour guides would glady asnwer that question for you though.

Also looking at this excursion through Royal Carib. The non dinner one says the guests make their own way back to the ship after the last stop. Is the last stop close to the pier? A night of bar hopping in a foreign country....and I got to get back to the ship on my own - sounds dicey.

-Pat

Patin....don't book the Kukoo Kunuku excursion with the cruise line. Book it on Kukoo's website...https://www.kukookunuku.com. If you book online thru them it's cheaper. It's $54.00/pp and they pick you up at the cruise ship terminal and you would end up at Carlos and Charlies which is very close to the pier. On RCCL website it's $52.00/pp but that does not include the lighthouse champagne toast or dinner at a local restaurant. We've always booked our excursions independently.

Also looking at this excursion through Royal Carib. The non dinner one says the guests make their own way back to the ship after the last stop. Is the last stop close to the pier? A night of bar hopping in a foreign country....and I got to get back to the ship on my own - sounds dicey.

-Pat

The last stop is Carlos and Charlies which is in sight of the ship. Our entire group stayed together at C&C's and went back to the ship together. In fact, after the other bars C&C's was boring.

• 1 month later...

The Kukookanukoo Bus Tour is fantastic. Well worth the $59.00 fee. You get a nice dinner at Ambassador's residence, then visit three nice bars with one free drink at each bar. They use premium booze and are not stingy on the amount of liquor they use. Our group of 6 did the bus tour last week. Ages ranged 25 - 53 and we all had a blast. Everyone on the bus gets very friendly by the end of the first bar you visit. By the end of the tour at midnight, we were all hugging eachother and exchanging e-mail address to share pictures. It's a fantastic way to spend an evening. Tell Mama (tour bus operator) that group from Philly says "hi". We were chanting the Eagle's fight song all night to the point where Mama told us to "shut up"

Our group of six did the bus tour last Tuesday during our week's stay in Aruba. It costs us $59.00 each and WELL WORTH THE MONEY. We had a blast. Tour ends at midnight, so you probably can't do it if your ship departs prior to that time. Inquire if they have daytime tours. Not sure.

But the Bus tour is not to be missed, It was the highlight of our week in Aruba.

Thanks Tom!

Can you remember how many the bus held? It's strange that Carnival is showing this tour on their excursions and the Destiny leaves port at 10:00 (meaning back on ship by 9:30) :confused: I wonder if perhaps they start an earlier bus that gets done in time. I guess if we want to do this we'll have to pay the extra & book thru the ship.

Thanks for your feedback!

Deb

Their are two buses that I saw. Each bus held about 30-40 people. I think the bus tours also have some daytime tours, but I'm not sue because we didn't inquire about day tours. If there are day tours, my guess is that they wouldn't be as much fun as a nightime tour, but I could be wrong.

Archived