Star Princess - Info Needed

New KAJO

Hello everyone,

I am looking for someone that already cruises the Star Princess.

[list]
[*]Would you recommend this ship ?
[*]How do you rate Princess Cruises compared to Royal Carribean, Celebrity and Disney ?
[*]How is the food ?
[*]Is there any kind of unlimited soda program ? If not what do you pay for a coke in the dining room ?
[/list]Thanks in advance !!

Kajo

I've sailed on the Star twice in the last year and loved every minute. I can't compare to the cruise lines you have mentioned as I haven't sailed with them.

Food is relative. Depends on what you are use to. I live in the San Fransciso Bay area so am use to really high quality food. (Yes we are spoiled). I think Princess is good but not great. It seems to get better as the cruise progresses. They do some things really well, but not everything. I've never come away feeling that I had a bad meal.

There is an unlimited coke card for around $20 but it only applies to fountain cokes, not canned or bottled.

Hope this helps some.

sailed the Star last September...............beautiful ship.
the food is very good but hey what is good to me might be lousy to you, food is so subjective.
You can buy a soda card for Fountain "GUN" soda drinks only (not canned) price varries with cruise length. Think a 7 day was about 20 bucks. A can of soda/coke is $2.25 (pretty sure that was it)
Celebrity/Princess..sailed both. can't say one was better than the other. They were different, we have a cruise booked on each in the future.

Also, if you look around, go back a few days, on both the Princess and Celebrity boards you will find a couple of threads talking about the differences in the two lines.

[quote]A can of soda/coke is $2.25 (pretty sure that was it)[/quote] [B][COLOR=Sienna][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua]Has been $1.50 plus 15% gratuity = $1.73. You can order a soda pack for fridge and get 6 for the price of 5.[/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

I have been on the Star 2 times already in the past 7 months and will be going on her again in August for a Med cruise. This ship is fantastic and very good service and has plenty to offer to all age groups. I would hesitate to recommend her again to anyone. I personally feel Princess offers a much better product than RCCL as I have sailed with them before. You can buy an unlimited soda sticker on board for $20.00 USD which is reasonable if you drink a lot of soda otherwise there is complimentary ice tea, coffee and tea.:cool: :eek: :cool:

Archived