shorts in the med

jodee

In Venice, Turkey and the Greek Isles will it be Ok to wear nice dress shorts in the ports if we dont plan on visiting any Churches?

I understand the need to cover shoulders and knees in the Churches but do I need to worry about anywhere else or maybe even offending someone ? Remember these are very nice dress shorts, not sloppy or too short. I plan on bringing a skirt with me incase I did need it, but Im more concerned with my overall appearance and not standing out or being offensive.

Thanks

Jodee

I do plan on bringing and wearing skirts a couple of days but I prefer shorts overall and they also seem more practical with some of the exursions we plan to do. I just want to make sure not to offend anyone with how I am dressed. Will I see others dressed this way, or will I be standing out ? Again we dont plan on visiting any Churches, I will bring a Skirt with incase needed and these are nice dress shorts. ( cool and comfy too )

The shorts you describe are fine for general touring. I have found that almost every American in Europe wears jeans of some kind or other:eek: , whether appropriate or not. I wore Bermuda length shorts for most excursions, but when I knew I was going to a church or mosque, etc., I wore a skirt and blouse with sleeves. And if you don't have something to cover your head (when necessary), they have paper headscarves. Go and have a great time!

Archived