Aft 7694-Explorer of the Sea?

lisas414

Does anyone knnow anything about the 7th deck aft cabins? Wondering if we will feel "closed in"? Has anyone stayed in one of these ever? Do you feel a breeze at all, or is is dead hot air, just sitting there? wejust moved our room to this one and now my DH is getting nervous that we made a mistake. Any advice would be so helpful, even if it is just a tidbit, we need it. Never been on RCCL.

Lisa: Please stop second guessing your chose of cabins.

The aft does not get ocean breezes but its not dead hot air.

Being on a side balcony it gets breezy-- the aft does not.

THe aft balcony is sooo much more bigger then a side one and so well worth the money.

These cabins are one of the few that go quickly so that should say something.

We had our first side balcony and I felt so closed in all week.

Did you have a side balcony before??

We had a side balcony on a carnival cruise about 5 years ago on the 6th floor and we loved it. It's my husband that is sooooo looking forward to this cruise and I just want it to be perfect for him. I know I am second guessing, it's just the unexpected and not knowing how it is that is driving me nuts. Have you ever stayed on the 7th jr suite aft? Explorer? Sorry to keep asking. I just want to be all settled with my decision and be glad about it. THANKS

I have stayed in 8692 on the Voyager--- the aft sute balcony is even bigger yet.

Yes, I would stay in this again THe balcony is soo much worth it.

FOr us it is... I have sailed the aft 7 out of 9 times... my first side balcony was on the Liberty--- its soo narrow and had to sit looking straight out with my knees tucks.

On the explorer--- you have two lounge chairs, 2 regular chairs plus a table.

I have of yet to see a lounge chair on the side balconies.

(as longas you dont have deck 6--- I will say stay where you are.

there is a crew deck outside of deck 6 that would have bothered me. But when you are sitting on your balcony on deck 7-- you wont even see that area.,

Is the structure really all that bad? I keep hearing be prepared, be prepared. We do plan on sitting out on the deck, relaxing, does it get the sun or is it completely covered? are the crew loud when they are out there? Are they out there all hours of the night, relaxing or partying? That is a big question. I don't want drunken crew below me. How often do they go out there do you know?

crew was out there cleaning one time only for less then 30 minutes the whole time we were there.

Its not a party deck or anything.. Its just a deck- which is very shady.

Our blacony got a lot of sun. Keep the curtains closed during the day to keep the cabin cool.

crew deck outside of deck 6-- http://community.webshots.com/photo/105857577/1106037207052499469qJoiDj

this is a photo of deck 7 on the corner

http://community.webshots.com/album/105857577OepMmi/0

your suite is in the middle so the balcony will be bigger

So your gods honest advice is to stay with the deck 7 jr suite aft. I will not be disappointed, right? I'm not sure if i asked this before or not. Is there alot of crew out there on the patio? Are they loud, noisy, drinking alcohol, etc. I don't want any noise from them, then it would not be worth if for me. Please tell me.

I posted another photo a little bit down the page-- maybe it was above here.. its not far.

People on deck jumped the rail and used that crew deck for sunning.

you will not be bothered by that deck at all.

I really do believe you will love this balcony.

Although the aft is not for everyone.. the size and the view are well worth the superstructure.

have you the opportunity to view the Bonnie VOyager aft compiled photos?

http://community.webshots.com/album/48328219CtbGLi/0

Archived