Transportation from Seattle Airport for 9?

AVAMARIE

Should we plan on taking 3 taxis to our hotel or is there a shuttle large enough for all of us? We are flying in a day before our cruise and have all our arrangements made except for this. Of course we are looking for the most economical way to get to the Holiday Inn. I've seen posts about town cars and shuttle express. Would you make a reservation ahead of time? We are arriving August 12th around 11:00 a.m. Thanks.

Be sure to check with shuttle express on booking an "Exclusive Van" for up to 10 people. It's only $77 from Seatac to Pier30, so they might have an exclusive van service to the Holiday Inn for a similar price.

http://www.shuttleexpress.com/index.html (Go to Online reservations )

AAA members also get 10% off, if you happen to belong. I would make the reservation in advance but insist on 1/2 or full payment upon arrival. Just so they grab the nearest empty shuttle for you and don't leave you waiting at the curb while they send another van "from the next batch that drops off".

Our group of 15 used the Grayline Downtowner from SeaTac to our hotel--cost was $10.25 pp, you can purchase tickets ahead or at the booth. It was quick, clean, and efficient. The driver was friendly and helpful.

From the hotel to the pier and from the pier back to SeaTac, we used Shuttle Express. Again, prompt service, friendly and helpful drivers. They have a "Pier Special" that was $44 per 10-passenger van and we had exclusive use of 2 vans for our group (now 17-strong) to the pier. From the pier back to the airport post-cruise, we had a 25-passenger bus just for our group at a cost of $157. Both reservations were made ahead of time, over the phone after checking out the website. Great phone customer service, too!

We were sailing from Pier 66. Our hotel was the Renaissance.

Enjoy your cruise!

Just got a chance to read these responses and I want to thank you all for answering. I have all the info written down and will get this last thing done today so I am all finished with all the final details. What would I do without these boards? I have 8 people counting on me to make all the plans!! I have enjoyed the whole process though. It is so much fun!

Archived