Does Fun Pass Really Help????

sea

Going on Legend 16th August with DH & 2 girls.

Is there a special line to go in if you filled out your quick check in fun pass at home?

Are you allowed to buy vodka & rum in shops on ship and take them to your room to drink there??

Are drinks from bar free on Captain's welcome party?

Can you wash clothes and are there irons to use?

Is it easier to take your luggage when leaving cruise or wait and where is the best place to get a taxi to a hotel nearby?

Any other info would be very much appreciated.

:) :confused: :)

It is easier to fill out pass. you don't have a special line. NO you can't take the vodka and rum back to your room. I think its easier to let them take your bags off the ship, and do regular dembarkation. yes free drinks at the captains party

Depending on the port some do have a special line for the fun pass but this doesn’t seem to be any faster. It is just easier to have it filled out in advance rather then having to go through all the information at the port.

Onboard Alcohol purchases will be delivered to your cabin on the last night of the cruise. They want you to buy their drinks so they can make money during the cruise

Drinks are free at the captain’s party. If the servers do not have what you like on the tray they carry you can ask them to bring you something else or even quicker walk over to the bar and order it.

There are self service laundries on board. Not sure as to irons as I haven’t needed one. They will also offer a laundry service on one day of the cruise where you can fill a bag they leave in your cabin with clothes and they will launder them for one price. We usually do this as it helps not to have to wash them all once we get home.

Your luggage question depends on how much you have and how soon you need to be off the ship. If you have a lot of luggage or are in no hurry to get off the ship then let them take it. I figure the cruise isn't over until I get off the ship.

Having a completed Fun Pass has never helped me in any way while attempting to board a Carnival Ship...I have always been told there is only one line and there is no Fun Pass Express Line...this was in both Ft Lauderdale and in NYC:cool:

Fun pass helps because your info is already in the computer. The actual slip of paper doesn't really do anything for you. It only takes a few minutes to fill out, much easier than doing so at the counter.

You can bring liquor on board, but it is against Carnival's rules, and may be confiscated if found. Most people get away with it - just search "smuggling" on the board.

Captains party has free drinks and hors d'ouvres (sp???). The drinks they bring around are just kind of eh. Rumor has it that you can order what you like and it's still free. I haven't tried, but others on the board have.

Washers and driers on board- quarter operated. Irons are free. There is a laundry room on each deck (at least on the ships I've been on). The line for the iron can be long on formal night.

I've done self-debark (carrying our own bags) as well as regular. I kind of like regular better- I'm not in any hurry to get of the ship. This past cruise we did self-debark only because people we travelled with insisted.

You should check out the Roll Call section - you may hook up with other CC'ers on board. It was a lot of fun doing that on our last cruise.

Thanks for all your info. Sent the message twice but did not know how to delete one of them. Will be more careful next time.

I posted some great info on the other one, but I will say it again here quickly, Lets say you lost your Docs or Tickets while in transit, well because you filled out your FunPass, you are already Pre-Registered in the system.

Good Luck, have a nice time.

Fred

Thanks so much for all your info. Do you have a place that I can go to download the activities for a 9 year old girl. The one you sent me to for my 12 year old was so useful. Do you know if it's your anniversary if they give you a free cake like I got 3 years ago?

Okay sorry for the dumb question but what and when is the captain's party or is it just foir some cruises? We are traveling on the Ectasy on July 1st. What happens if your alcohol is taken?

thanks for your help I love reading all of this.:rolleyes:

Okay sorry for the dumb question but what and when is the captain's party or is it just foir some cruises? We are traveling on the Ectasy on July 1st. What happens if your alcohol is taken?

thanks for your help I love reading all of this.:rolleyes:

Hi, and welcome to the boards.:) Just an FYI, but when asking questions other than the original topic, you need to start a new thread. (You're new, and don't know, so no biggie.)

OK, the Captain's Party is for all passengers, and is held on every cruise. It's a very nice party, and you get to meet the Captain and Cruise Director at the door. Complimentary cocktails and hors d'oeuvres are passed around on trays, other drinks of your choice can be gotten from the bar setup in that room. Other things like introduction of Captain's staff, ship's orchestra plays, some dance on stage. Nice party...you'll enjoy it. It is always held on the first formal night, which is usually your second night on board...prior to dinner.

Start new threads with any questions you have that you can't find by using the search feature. :)

IF your smuggled alcohol is confiscated, it will be returned to you on the last evening.

Archived