Help me choose....a cruise..

Jen & Rich 2006

My Boyfriend is treating me to a cruise in September for sticking to my diet and dropping 50lbs :-) :) :) :) :) :)

Here are the 3 choices I can pick from that are all within driving distance from our home,

which would you choose and why ??

Zenith 7 nights Bermuda ( Hamilton, St George, 2 sea days )

Explorer of the Seas 9 nts ( St Thomas, Saint Maarten, Puerto Rico, Labadi, 4 sea days )

Norwegian Spirit ( St Thomas, Tortola, Kings Wharf Bermuda, 4 sea days )

EOS - 9 nights over 7 wins for me. I have yet to be on the EOS yet, but I know RCCL and have had friends who've sailed on her. You'll have a great time.

I love and the Zenith is a great little ship with great service.

Norwegian, I'm not a fan of freestyle cruising. If I want to go to a resort and have different dining venues and waits to get into restaurants, I'll book a resort.

My Boyfriend is treating me to a cruise in September for sticking to my diet and dropping 50lbs :-) :) :) :) :) :)

Here are the 3 choices I can pick from that are all within driving distance from our home,

which would you choose and why ??

Zenith 7 nights Bermuda ( Hamilton, St George, 2 sea days )

Explorer of the Seas 9 nts ( St Thomas, Saint Maarten, Puerto Rico, Labadi, 4 sea days )

Norwegian Spirit ( St Thomas, Tortola, Kings Wharf Bermuda, 4 sea days )

Hi Jen !

I agree with what Rick (Chessbriar) said. I would go with Explorer given those 3 choices. Zenith would be my second choice.

Enjoy your Cruise !

Depends on what turns you on. Zenith is a smaller more intimate ship, more of a laid-back atmosphere, terrific service staff, overall better food. But you will be spending a lot of time off the ship in Bermuda, and Bermuda (while lovely) is the only island you'll see.

Explorer is three times as many passengers, so a different sort of experience. For me, RCCL's service is not equal to Celebrity's, nor is the food, but both are good nonetheless. You have more interesting ports of call, and you'll be at sea each night.

Forget the Norwegian choice.

I'm not a fan of RCI, would normally pick an X or NCL cruise over RCI most times, but would pick the EOS cruise if given those 3 choices in cruises.

St. Maarten is among our favorite islands. We love the guavaberry colada drinks at the Guavaberry Emporium and bring home our limit of guavaberry rum each time we visit.

DH & I love cruises with many sea days as well. Great to have several days to just kick back and relax.

Word of warning when picking a 9-day cruise, you're going to have to stick to your dieting willpower to keep from adding the pounds on that you just took off.:D

Dianne

Congratulations on losing the weight, that is awesome!:D

I have never cruised on any of these ships, but I do love Celebrity's food and service. After the amount of discipline and denial you've been through with dieting (been there), you deserve the pampering you'll get on Zenith. IMHO

Out of the choices that you presented... I'd go with Explorer of the seas...

However.... if you can go at the end of October... I'd see if I could swing the 11 night on Constellation, October 27th, 2006... (Key West, Cozumel, Costa Maya, Grand Cayman, Ocho Rios, Labadee... all from NJ!!!)

I'm with templed -- I would dump NCL and opt in the Constellation as a 3rd choice. Your asking for opinions on 2 very different animals (not of fan of Nasty Cruise Line so like the others I've discounted it as a choice). the Zenith to Bermuda is a much smaller ship -- that makes it much more intimate -- you will get to know and bump into your shipmates. Yes, you will only get to see Bermuda, but you can do it at your leisure (no need to get back on the boat at a certain time -- except thursday!!) and its is such a beautiful island it is worth getting to know it. If you go after August the boat will be less crowded and the attention from the staff is seriously incredible. After 3 days you won't even need to take your card out to order a drink. and NO BINGO announcements! Additionally, if you're prone to seasickness you get 3 days off.

Explorer is a much bigger ship with more amusement type amenities. You will get to different islands but you won't have all that much time to really explore them. the service is good, the food is good, the specialty restaurant is excellent. Since everyone will be back on the ship at night you will find the common areas of the ship much more crowded.

Haven't yet done the Constellation but i've looked at that sailing with envy for 2 years now and last year they ran some good sales on it.

Archived