Eddie Miles - Elvis Impersonator Cruise

Patdmoose

I found out on the Roll Call board, that our next cruise (Jan. 20, 07) on the Liberty is also the next Eddie Miles group cruise. Does anyone know anything about this group and how big they are? His last cruise was in April on the Spirit to Hawaii.

I can see it now...pot-bellied Elvis wannabes everywhere. Oh well, we will still be on a cruise ship.

I can see it now...pot-bellied Elvis wannabes everywhere. .

Oh lord....thier belt buckles are probably bigger than thier sequined speedo's!!!!:eek: There's a whole lotta shakin' going on!!!!:rolleyes:

I have seen Eddie Miles probably 50 times over the years. He used to have a theater in Pigeon Forge TN and one in Myrtle Beach SC. He now travels around different places. This is like his 3rd or 4th cruise. He was the featured entertainer one year in Memphis for Elvis week. He does not impersonate but does a tribute. It is very respectful not like the *jokes* that do Elvis. I have seen him since around 93 and in all that time I have never seen in pottybelly Elvis people in the crowd. There is always a wide array of guests. Young and old. Eddie does have a website that you should check out. eddiemiles dot com I know people that have seen him that were not Elvis fans that loved him. As you can guess by the times I have seen him, I love him. Me and 4 gf's have gone for years. Last time was last month in Wilksboro NC. I have never heard anyone say they didnt like him. Of course he may not be for everyone. Like I said the people that go see him are just everday people like I am and assume you are. For the record I would LOVE to be on a cruise he was doing.

I found out on the Roll Call board, that our next cruise (Jan. 20, 07) on the Liberty is also the next Eddie Miles group cruise. Does anyone know anything about this group and how big they are? His last cruise was in April on the Spirit to Hawaii.

I can see it now...pot-bellied Elvis wannabes everywhere. Oh well, we will still be on a cruise ship.

I'm sorry. I know I should feel badly for you but that really did make me laugh:D . I think you might have to drink a lot on that cruise.

I have seen Eddie Miles probably 50 times over the years. He used to have a theater in Pigeon Forge TN and one in Myrtle Beach SC. He now travels around different places. This is like his 3rd or 4th cruise. He was the featured entertainer one year in Memphis for Elvis week. He does not impersonate but does a tribute. It is very respectful not like the *jokes* that do Elvis. I have seen him since around 93 and in all that time I have never seen in pottybelly Elvis people in the crowd. There is always a wide array of guests. Young and old. Eddie does have a website that you should check out. eddiemiles dot com I know people that have seen him that were not Elvis fans that loved him. As you can guess by the times I have seen him, I love him. Me and 4 gf's have gone for years. Last time was last month in Wilksboro NC. I have never heard anyone say they didnt like him. Of course he may not be for everyone. Like I said the people that go see him are just everday people like I am and assume you are. For the record I would LOVE to be on a cruise he was doing.

;) wow, this is new to me....thanks for all the info..... I am an Elvis fan and wouldn't mind this a bit............

The Passenger Talent Show should be interesting. We had an Elvis impersonator on our first cruise. He came onboard in a wheelchair to circumvent the line. The CD busted his chops about this at the talent show.

BTW. He sucked. It was like Andy Kaufman doing his "foreign-man" But it was void of talent, rhythm or humor.

You've got to PROMISE you'll post a review of this adventure! I haven't stopped laughing since I read your post. My birthday is Jan 22 - you can use that as an excuse to drink heavily on that day...you might need it!

milee

I really meant no offense. I had never heard of Eddie Miles, and all I could envision is 50 Elvi jumping out of an airplane, and half of them losing their wigs on the way down.

I did go to his website, and looked at his cruise info. But not much info there. I was hoping that a CC'r had been on one of his cruises before and could say he had 50, 100, or 800 fans on board.

I really like Elvis' music (I am 50+ years old), and if he is as good as you say, his on-board concert should be a plus.

Not long ago, there was thread on cruising with the groups from ...., so any large group puts up red flags.

We (our group of 20) are set in our plans for the 1/20/07 Liberty, so unless Eddie changes his plans we will be on the ship with him and his fans.

I always write a review upon return, and will post details.

hey Pat

I was on the Elation last year and Kraig Parker's group was sailing as well. He is the Elvis impersonator based in Dallas. He and his group had a couple private shows, but he sang in the karioke show several times. He was great and his fans were great. When I saw your post I looked up his website and I see he is doing another cruise on the Conquest next year. I think his fan base is from Texas so the Galveston cruises work well.

I wouldn't worry at all--they were good fun.:)

I saw Eddie Miles a few years ago in Pigeon Forge TN. He does Elvis, but not in the Elvis impersonating way...if that makes sense. I have no idea what his fans are like, but we enjoyed his show....I've seen lots worse, esp on cruise ships. Maybe he will entertain one of the nights; it should be a cut above most of the shows (or at least the ones on the MIracle last month!).

• 2 weeks later...

Terrylou posted on our 1/20/07 Liberty Roll Call thread that the Eddie Miles group only had around 200 fans on his 2006 cruise. On a ship that holds 3000+, that does not sound like a problem.

Eddie Miles grew up here in Marion County KY.....he has been doing the Elvis thing all his life.....Started out at the Linclon Jambroee in Hodgensville KY about 25 miles from Lebanon Ky ......he is a wonderful entainer and a great guy......and looks like elvis also.....always has.....wish he was going on our cruise.....just all around great guy.......from KY.

David in Lebanon

Yeah I wish he was going to be on mine also. Especially the one with my gf's. We have all gone to see him over the years in various states. Oh well we'll go see him in August when he is in Marion VA. I truely think that anyone that is on that cruise will become an Eddie Miles fan. Especially if you are an Elvis fan.

Here is an example of what dryehair said about him being a great guy. Several years ago when he still played at Memories in PF all the time he was almost at the end of the show when some women kept yelling out, "Kentucky Rain". "Sing Kentucky Rain" He goes "I've already gone long, come back tomorrow night and I will". They told him that they couldn't because they had driven 5 1/2 hours FROM Kentucky just to see him that night and they were driving home after the show. He turns to the band and says "We HAVE to do Kentucky Rain". It was great! Thats just one of many ways he is great.

dryehair I just love Hank also. I go see him at Memories when we are in Pigeon Forge. Though you can't see SEE him since he is always behind the drums. :) We can hear him and he is a great singer also.

Archived