pearl island stingray/snorkel is it good?

tennisnow

We were on the NCL Spirit on 6/11. Did the treasure hunt excursion and we had a great time at Pearl Island. :) It was fun, but if you looking for great snorkeling (looking for fish) Pearl Island was only ok for it..dont know about stuarts cove but from reading reviews, stuarts had better snorkeling I read. Have fun!

We did both Blue Lagoon and Pearl Island during our cruise last October. Blue Lagoon was great but they only offer it now for the Dolphin Encounter. What a shame!

Pearl Island in comparison wasn't very good. It was small and crowded. I am a good swimmer and like to freestyle snorkel. We were stuck with a group of about 70 people, had to wear a life vest and could only snorkel in a small enlcosed area. The beach was very small and you had to pay for lounge chairs. We made the best of it and sat in the water looking for shells.

I wish they would bring back the Blue Lagoon! It was a great place to relax at the beach and just float around.

• 2 weeks later...

It was horrible when we went in May. It was overcrowded and nasty. We called it "Pitts Island" because we were desserted there for 4 hours waiting on the Tikki boat to come back and get us. One couple even hired a private boat to "rescue" them from the island! :(

Be aware of timing for Stuart Cove's. We are on a Carnival Eastern (Valor) only docking in Nassau from 7 am-2 pm. I ended up contacting Cove's to find out if they would be able to get us back to the dock on time - 1 pm (from a morning tour) and they said they could not!!

I think in Nassau given the short time frame we will end up booking thru Carnival just to play it safe! (leaning towards the thrilled boat ride/blackbeard cay).

Frouf

Archived