Private Island Beach Break

FL LuluBelle

Hi, we will be on the Miracle, with family, in Oct and was wondering if anyone went on the private island beach break. Where do you ferry to? How is the snorkling? Is it crowed? Thanks for the info. Our family is afraid to book off ship, even though they have never cruised!! They heard alot of bad things about Belize. LU

We did the Private Island Beach Break on Bannister Island on our March Miracle cruise. It was fine, but we liked Paradise Beach in Cozumel better. One nice thing about this excursion is that a boat picks you up right from the ship and takes you straight to Bannister Island. There are lounge chairs, a restaurant/bar area, clean bathrooms. Not too many trees, but there are some little habana type huts for shade. They have kayaks and paddle boats that you can rent ~ they cost extra. The snorkeling is not the greatest. When we first arrived, it was pretty crowded and there were no lounge chairs. We sat at one of the huts for about 30 - 45 minutes, and then a lot of the people that had gotten there before us left, so we were able to get 5 lounge chairs together near the water. We ate some chicken strips and they were very good. Staff comes around to the loungers and takes your order for food and/or drinks if you wish. The water was warm. All in all a nice day. I definitely would book some type of excursion for Belize. If snorkeling is important to you, there are better excursions to take. Any other questions, I'll be glad to try and answer.

Sue, thanks for your info. I love to snorkle, but will do without for this excursion! Sounds like a nice place for family to sit & relax. We have do Goeff's Cay already. I also read your Miracle review ~ full of great info ~ thanks, LU

• 2 weeks later...

Archived