Rome, Turkey and Greece

This will be my second cruise...yeah 262 more days... there are 4 of us going and we have two balcony rooms. I already have my cabin number and we are on the back of the ship faceing the we we just left.:) I have heard that it can be rough and loud. :confused: We are on the new Freedom ship, they said it will be its frist run, but I had see other people that have been on a ship named Freedom...could they have ment that it is frist cruise out of drydock? One of the girls wonders if may Americans will be on the ship. Our agent said it was filling up fast. Turkey and Greece do not even have excersions posted yet. Not that I want to take any. I just like seeing what they offer and then look at maps and websites to see what else could be there. Can you tell I am getting excited!:D

AF

Hi there

Carnival Freedom is still being built. It will debut in Europe in March 2007.

The Freedom you are hearing about in service already is Royal Caribbean's Freedom of the Seas.

I am booked on Carnival's Freedom in April 19/ 2007 for it's 4th cruise going to Italy, Greece and Turkey.

If you go to the roll call area, you will see that there is a small group forming that are on this inaugural cruise with you. You can get a ton of info and stuff from there.

Here is the link to the roll call for your sailing

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=331241

Also if you just go to Carnival Roll Calls and click on Freedom, it will give you roll calls for many of the spring 2007 sailings and you can browse through them to get info and see what others are doing in the ports when they go. It's a great whay to get info.

Good luck. Please post after your cruise since we will only be about a month behind you we would love some first hand info about the new ship.

Doodlefan

As the other poster said, definately check out your roll call but also check out the Europe board. There is a ton of info there too.:D

Welcome to the boards-it will make your countdown more fun!

Missyal

Hi, and welcome! We're on the same sailing as Doodlefan. I've been following the Liberty closely this season, and have read most (if not all!) of what was posted last season.

While the Liberty is doing the western Med., rather than the eastern, I expect the passenger profiles will be similiar. Mostly Americans, few young singles, not so many children. Although the July and August cruises do seem to include a significant number of kids.

It's a great itinerary, and we're really excited about it! In the event you haven't seen it, check out http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Articles/freedom_design.aspx for details on the design of the ship!

Happy planning!!

We lived in Turkey for two years when I was 12,13. (Incirlik, the base you always hear about missions being flown from into Iran and Iraq.....)

The one nice thing, outside of Istanbul, the rest of the country is pretty undeveloped.

We used to just take drives into the countryside and see an old castle from the Crusades, pull over and go exploring. As few ancient sites have been turned into tourist traps like they have been in Europe and to some degree in Greece.

Nice unused Mediterrean beaches to find and explore.

Istanbul has a more European vibe to it than the rest of the country.

Bill

Archived