"Fleet wide roll out"...how does it work?

happy cruzin

Ok...all of this discussion about Carnival rolling out cell service to the ships makes we wonder. When they make the decison to do something "fleet-wide" like new menus, the water slides, the new bedding, cell service or maybe the MUTS systems, does anyone have an idea of which ships are chosen first and why?

I just wonder if it is by size, popularity, age, which are scheduled or service next - or perhaps no specific system at all. :rolleyes:

Probably luck of the draw.. Liberty was the first to do the menus..

I didnt know how they decided to do the bedding. (a little each week>??)

But I too am curious to how they decide.

I suspect many changes like the bedding occur during dry-dock for regular maintenance. Other changes like the menu change can be prepared and implemented without interfering with a regular cruise schedule.

As i'm ignorant of the infrastructure necessary for the cellular system I won't guess how it will be installed.

Probably luck of the draw.. Liberty was the first to do the menus..

I didnt know how they decided to do the bedding. (a little each week>??)

But I too am curious to how they decide.

Serene -

You may be right, with luck of the draw. I remember reading posts as the bedding was appearing. I even seem to remember that it was not a a ship all at one time. Some cabins reported having it and others reported not having it - even on the same sailing. I also could not figure out any pattern as the new menu's were rolled out.

Like you...I'm just curious how they decide what to do when :confused:

I suspect many changes like the bedding occur during dry-dock for regular maintenance. Other changes like the menu change can be prepared and implemented without interfering with a regular cruise schedule.

As i'm ignorant of the infrastructure necessary for the cellular system I won't guess how it will be installed.

Actually the bedding happened at little at a time - not even a whole ship at once according to other CC posters.

But you may be right about bigger, mechanical type upgrades or changes. Even at that many of the ships that were updated last year were hoped to have returned to service with the MUTS - but so far, no luck :( .

So it just makes we wonder what the decide to do fleet wide versus what they do not.

Archived