Mariner /Eastern itinerary noon flight out?

We are ready to book the Mariner for Dec 10th, Eastern Itinerary. Having trouble finding good returning flights. Can anyone tell me what time you disembark? There is a noon flight out of Orlando International. Is this rushing it, or not? We have 6 adults and 3 kids in our party. Also, what is the best method of transportation to the airport? Thanks:rolleyes:

You can make it if you carry your own luggage off. People who carry off their own luggage can leave at 8 AM, clear customs by 8:45 and be at the airport by 9:45 with plenty of time for a 12:00 flight. Also, note that Orlando airport was recently rated THE WORST in the USA for wait times at security screening.

If you do not carry your luggage off you may end up with a disembarkation time as late as 11:00 AM. You'd obviously never make it. If you have a high end suite you may be eligible for priority early debarkation and they would handle your luggage. But if you can't roll off your own luggae you're at risk if you book any flight before 2 PM.

I live in the area, so I do not take a shuttle. But others will chime in and give you a good recommendation for transportation.

We are ready to book the Mariner for Dec 10th, Eastern Itinerary. Having trouble finding good returning flights. Can anyone tell me what time you disembark? There is a noon flight out of Orlando International. Is this rushing it, or not? We have 6 adults and 3 kids in our party. Also, what is the best method of transportation to the airport? Thanks:rolleyes:

When you get on the ship, at check-in, they will ask what time your flight departs and will get you off accordingly! Back in February I had an 11:30 flight, I waited in the airport for two hours AFTER getting through security.

Take Art's Shuttle back to the airport. Their drivers arrive there around 7:00 AM, you walk off the ship, across the access roads and into the pickup area. They take your bags, you get in their van and you are on your way to Orlando. Very painless!! I will be doing this on July 16th when we return again from the Mariner Eastern.

Is Budget cheaper for two people? Yes, but you have do deal with getting the shuttle to Budget, waiting on line to get your car (by that time you are half way to Orlando with Arts) and then deal with returning the rental.

Hope that helps - Jim

Having your own transportation pre-arranged is a big timesaver. We also used Art's and were very pleased with them. We did not need to carry our own luggage off to save time. I believe we were the third color called off, and even with an almost 45 minute wait to get through Customs/Immigration, we claimed our luggage (several pieces) and still got to the airport before 9:30. Being a Sunday, you should have no traffic issues that early.

Just got off the Mariner this past Sunday and had a 12:20 flight. According to our assigned color to disembark, we should have been called to get off the ship between 8:00-8:30. They did not call us until 8:50. We had arranged transportation back to Orlando Airport with Art's shuttle (the driver was very patient waiting for us!). We made it through immigration and through security at the aiport in plenty of time to catch our flight. You should probably be OK. If you are stressing about it, just carry your luggage off and those people can leave the ship as early as 7:45.:)

Archived