Anniversary Cake Free???

sea

I was on Spirit 3 years ago and got a free cake on our Anniversary.

Going on Legend in August. Do they still give you a free cake or do you have to buy it?

Anyone have a site to see activities for 9-11 year olds?

Can you ask Cabin Steward to take all things out of fridge if you don't want to use them when the cruise starts?

Is there sushi on Legend and do you have to pay for it?:)

Thanks a lot.

The cake was free years ago, but I believe there is a charge for it now.

I've heard you can ask the cabin steward to remove items from the fridge, but when I tried I was told, "I have no place to put them though." I think my steward was just new though.

I believe the Legend has a sushi place that serves free sushi before dinner. It's located on the Promenade deck.

Camp Carnival activities:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/546868534/2724874430084899442cQfLZP

http://community.webshots.com/photo/546868534/2384566300084899442kchFuO

[i know it's not from your ship. But the activities are pretty much the same fleetwide. And, should you desire to make the above larger, there's an option to do so at the right side of the page]

The cakes:

http://www.carnival.com/BonVoyage/Default.aspx?cat=Occasions+Cakes

[They started charging when entire tables began claiming it was their birthday...just to get a free cake]

On our Legend cruise in Jan 2005 sushi was available on the promenade deck and in the Lido buffet by the stairs leading up to the supper club.

Every cruise we have been on anniversary cakes have been gratis but I have been on 3 cruises where cappuccino was not. I think Carnival uses trial balloons to test passenger reaction. I hope you enjoy a free cake. If not you have an entire menu of desserts included so charging for cake seems odd to me anyway.

Please post your experience after your cruise so we can all know the latest.

Happy cruising and Happy Anniversary!

I agree the cake goes uneaten....ordered one for daughter and it never even got cut. They do charge for cake, however if your waiter nows about your anniversary they will bring out a desert with a candle and sing to you for free:)

.......have been on 3 cruises where cappuccino was not.

!

Just curious as to which ships? Always on the Holiday, Sensation, and Paradise espresso and cappuccino have been printed on the menu - for all three meals. I've never been charged.

Just curious as to which ships? Always on the Holiday, Sensation, and Paradise espresso and cappuccino have been printed on the menu - for all three meals. I've never been charged.

Cappuccino was an extra charge on the Jubilee, Legend and our first Elation cruise, but free second Elation cruise.

I celebrated my 40th b-day in Sept. and Uncle Bob sent me a cake during dinner! I was quite surprised.:) I thought there may have been a charge for it, but the waiter said it was free. So, I guess they still sometimes give cakes for free.;)

On the Glory last year we got a free B-day cake in the dining room and in the Emerald Room for my wife's B-day. Emerald room on her b-day - dining room the next day.

We didn't ask for it. Just mentioned it was wifey's b-day.

Can you ask Cabin Steward to take all things out of fridge if you don't want to use them when the cruise starts?

quote]

It must depend on your steward. I had heard they would remove the items, but when I asked on my last cruise, our steward said he couldn't do it. He unlocked the door and we just did it ourselves.

• 1 month later...

Archived