Who gets the upper bed? Will you fall off?

We are traveling on the Inspiration on 7/18 out of Tampa. DH and I have a cabin and MIL77, DD14 and DD10 have the one next door. Question: Who should sleep in the pull-down berth? Pretty obviously not MIL! I thought DD 10 was the logical choice, but she is worried about "rolling out" of bed? Has anyone ever fallen out of the top berth? (without the effects of foo-foo drinks). Is there a railing around the bed? Is it easy to get into and out of?

Thanks!!

I have a 5 year old and a 7 year old and they loved the top bunks. They didn't fall out or have any problems. In fact, one of them crawled in bed with my DH so after they went to sleep he climbed into the top bunk and slept there. He is 6'6" and had no problem or complaints. My kids don't sleep in bunk beds at home either.

I have never been in a cabin where the pullmans were needed. However, from the pictures I have seen of cabins with the pullmans down, there is a rail on the bed like bunk beds "at home". A ladder is also provided so whoever is in the lower bed doesn't have to worry about being stepped on. You're 10 yo should be fine and will probably think that it's "cool".

My daughters loved them too, at ages 17 and 14. My 17 year old is almost 6 feet tall and it was fine, same as the other beds anyway. Your 14 year old would be fine if the 10 year old is worried

My daughter tells me there was a railing on the side of the bed, and the ladder is easy to climb. My girls loved the beds so much we asked to keep them down during the day so they had a spot to go

We Are Bookerd On The Holiday And In Cabins Next Door To Each Other. Dh And I In M132. Mil74,ds11,ds8 In M136 With No Bunk!! Can The Room Acomadate A Cot Or Rollaway? Has Anyone Done This Before? I'm Thinking That We May Be Very Cramped But All The 3person Cabins Are Booked.

I fell out of the top bunk once. :D It was 19 years ago on the Norway. I didn't even know it, until i woke up the next afternoon on the floor.:eek: I was aching all over and i vaguely remembered a dream about falling.:rolleyes:

We Are Bookerd On The Holiday And In Cabins Next Door To Each Other. Dh And I In M132. Mil74,ds11,ds8 In M136 With No Bunk!! Can The Room Acomadate A Cot Or Rollaway?

Surely, your booking agent told you to expect a rollaway bed in the cabin? (They fold up and are out of the way during the day, and the cabin steward will open it up again every night.)

Has Anyone Done This Before? I'm Thinking That We May Be Very Cramped But All The 3person Cabins Are Booked.

They may be a little cramped, but probably won't be in the cabin enough for it to matter. Besides, Granny will loved being with the kiddies, no matter how crowded it is. :)

BTW, y'all will LOVE the Holiday!

My kids (6, 10, and 13) all want the 2 top bunks, so we're having them rotate. One of the lower beds won't get used for sleeping, and each night they'll play musical beds. Hopefully, the last night we won't have fighting for the 2 upper beds, but if we do, we'll put the 2 youngest in 1.

My kids (now 12&14)have never fallen out of the bunks on the last 7 cruises they have been on. they love it. Just one CAUTION.....have a little night light on so when they awake to go to the facilities in the middle of the night, they can see and they become aware that they are up on a bunk.

Steve

I fell out of the top bunk once. :D It was 19 years ago on the Norway. I didn't even know it, until i woke up the next afternoon on the floor.:eek: I was aching all over and i vaguely remembered a dream about falling.:rolleyes:

ROFLMAO!!!

ParrotheadMel..

On my cruise, one of my tablemates was an extremely interesting elderly man who had been in the Navy in WW2. As I laughed about climbing to the middle of the bed and holding on for dear life, he laughed back and replied that in those days...the men laid on their backs and folded their hands across their chests......thereby 'pinning' themselves down with their elbows...while they slept..

Just a thought..

Have a GREAT trip!!!

My 5 year old loved the top bunk and didn't fall out of it. However, Fun-ship Freddy, a singing dog, an iguana, a snake, a noisy toucan and a funny monkey all bit the dust nearly every night. Have fun! Love, Juliah

My 5 year old loved the top bunk and didn't fall out of it. However, Fun-ship Freddy, a singing dog, an iguana, a snake, a noisy toucan and a funny monkey all bit the dust nearly every night. Have fun! Love, Juliah

ROFLMAO!!!

(sounds like the makings of a story...)

Parrottheadme,

I've slept on the top bunk, no problems. if you don't fall out of your normal bed, why would you fall out of this one??

Anyway, I think there should be 2 considerations in deciding who gets the top bunk - Is someone more physically capable of getting in and out of it? Is someone a "large" person whose weight could be an issue? If not, flip a coin, or trade off!

Archived