ROLL CALL - CENTURY, Oct. 27, Barcelona - Miami

1male

Hi to Francois and Jim,

Yes this thread has been very thread-bare. I didn't notice the male pairs that Francois did, so maybe we can have a group after all. I can't remember at this point if X has FOD meetings as standard, but we shall see.

No, Jim, the trunks are not packed yet, as then the clothes would be all wrinkled!

I too am second seating, and I think you are correct Francois, if I remember way back to May...... second seating has an early show before dinner which I heartly dislike.

I vaguely remember a question about Halloween.... what was the consensus? I may bring something light just in case.....the suit of armor will have to remain at home...

I have no documents-- does anyone? I have X air so maybe mine arrive later.

Carloh

carloh and francois, i have a old eye patch with a skull and bones on it so if there is a halloween party, i'm a pirate, i figured i'm at sea anyway. i recieved all my paper but i'm flying on my own, used my us air miles points from phila to barcelona. i like a before dinner cocktail so i'm happy with late seating, and the shows don't do a lot for me either. now maybe if it was the all male rockettes show :cool: they could have twisted my arm. there is a little mask shop on calle. rauric,in barcelona amazing masks, francois don't miss it, and tapas-tapas sounds great since my hotel is right off gracia. i think edie is a lady, and that micky could go either way, or both, talk to you two handsome men tommorrow, have a great night.jim

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy!! I don't feel very confident about finding my way around this site...God, I hope this IS the gay thread for the Oct.27th CENTURY crossing! Anyway, It is good to see at least three other family members! You're not alone!! I participate on the Main thread, and am very new to all this "thread " stuff. So forgive if I make major faux pas !

I normally dine by myself on cruises and crossings, but wouldn't mind dining with congenial family members. I hate to change tables and don't like to be bored to death with a lot of straight couples and /or desperate single women. So, have found it is easier to just have a table on my own.

Anyway, if you guys need someone else at your table...let me know ;)!!

Tim

Howdy!! I don't feel very confident about finding my way around this site...God, I hope this IS the gay thread for the Oct.27th CENTURY crossing! Anyway, It is good to see at least three other family members! You're not alone!! I participate on the Main thread, and am very new to all this "thread " stuff. So forgive if I make major faux pas !

I normally dine by myself on cruises and crossings, but wouldn't mind dining with congenial family members. I hate to change tables and don't like to be bored to death with a lot of straight couples and /or desperate single women. So, have found it is easier to just have a table on my own.

Tim

Rest assured, this IS the gay thread. Francois & I have been corresponding and Jim is here too. I am flying directly from Newark to Barc. on Oct. 26, arriving Oct. 27 in the am. Where do you live and when are you arriving?

Please feel free to contact me at- silvermannyc@yahoo.com. so I can send you a pic so we will be able to identify each other.

I am at late seating and am open to suggestions from all. I may bring some kind of costume, although I just called Continental and its only 50lbs per bag for international flights, which I find very inconvenient :o

With all your knowledge, do you know any way to find out predictable weather at sea during our crossing? Especially the temp., since I have never crossed at that time of year.

I am so excited about John giving lectures on board.

Regards,

Carloh

Tim,

You are on the right thread. ... As you may have noticed I go to the regular main thread as I thought along with Carloh (1male) and Jim (tanquery tango) that this gay one was kind of inactive. Although I am sure there will be lots of family members as most do not use Cruise Critic or else. Also Tim, could you email me at: francois dot desilets at videotron dot ca

Jim,

I think you may be right, Edie may very well be a lady and Micki could go either way. We shall see. Feel free Jim to email me if you wish.

Francois,

Tim

tim, how do we get a table going? can we request?. I too am at the late seating as is Carloh. Francois is with friends, so maybe we can request his table. "The Desperate Women", it sounds like a bad movie. nothing more boring than a bad movie. Tim,Francois and

Carloh. phillyjim123@yahoo.com I am looking forward to the lectures.

Hi Guys,

Many thanks for getting back to me. I am in great haste at the moment, as I have to head for the airport....going to London this evening. I just got back from Japan on Sunday. I'm a flight attendant with a major bankrupt airline and do mostly (but not all) international flights. This seems to be an international month. I have jotted down all your e-mails and will try and contact when I get a moment...thanks. Briefly, I'm on second sitting (the only one to have on a westbound). Weather in transats quite unpredicable, however on the southern route that we will be on it is almost always nice and sunny, if a bit breezy. I was on QE2 the first week of Jan. this year on a Northern transat and it was almost shirt-sleeve weather...did laps in the outdoor pool!! If it is too cold and nasty I just stay inside. Don't want to drag a bunch of coats and sweaters with me; especially since we end up in Florida!

Gotta run. My e-mail is: halna1938@hotmail.com and no..I wasn't born in '38!!

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

My partner & I will be doing the Millie TA on 11/24 from Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale.

It seems like you all have gotten to know each other pretty well via this board and emails. I'm sure you will all have a great time. We LOVE the Century. Postings on our board have been pretty slim ... I guess everyone is busy with their lives, but as a result, I don't feel like we've gotten to know the others like you all seem to have.

Bon voyage to you all ... have a great time and don't eat up all the tapas before we get to Barcelona!

My partner & I will be doing the Millie TA on 11/24 from Barcelona to Ft Lauderdale.

It seems like you all have gotten to know each other pretty well via this board and emails. I'm sure you will all have a great time. We LOVE the Century. Postings on our board have been pretty slim ... I guess everyone is busy with their lives, but as a result, I don't feel like we've gotten to know the others like you all seem to have.

Bon voyage to you all ... have a great time and don't eat up all the tapas before we get to Barcelona!

Thanks for the note. We expect to meet other family members on board who don't use this site........always a possibility..

Regards........................:)

Archived