3 In A Double:want A Triple

airmanship

We Are On The Holiday With Dh And I In A Ov Cabin With Mil74,ds11,ds8 In Cabin Next Door. Carnival Says They Will Place A Roll-away In The 3-person Cabin Since There Is Not Another 3bunk Cabin Available On The Ship.has Anyone Had A Roll-away In Thier Cabin And Not A Bunk(wish We Had A Bunk).i'm Afraid 74mil May Trip And Fall Over Ds In The Night.

It will probably be pretty cramped, but only at night. If you are worried that 74mil will trip and fall, then maybe 74mil should be in the roll-away instead. That way, if 74mil has to get up in the middle of the night, she will be close to the bathroom without anyone to trip over. I doubt the roll-away will be any less comfortable than the bunk beds. The bunk beds aren't exactly feather mattresses. In fact, the roll-away might even be more comfortable than the bunk beds. You might suggest it to them.

I haven't had a rollaway in a cabin so can't speak from first-hand experience--I can only imagine it would be extremely tight/uncomfortable. Personally if I had concerns about someone of age tripping/falling over an extra bed in the room, I would place the rollaway in the room with the agile adults/children, and the 74-yo MIL in a room with one other person so there is no physical obstacle to overcome when getting up during the night.

Yes, I did read that you booked a room for two (designed to accommodate you and your spouse); and, only you can weigh the safety/comforts/peace of mind of travel for yourself and your family. Hope a 3-pax cabin opens up for you putting your worries to rest.

Enjoy your cruise!

Archived