How can you tell how many cabins are left?

circus

I know this has been addressed before, but I can't find it. Isn't there some place you can go to see how many cabins are left on your cruise? Or what percentage of the cabins are booked for certain HAL cruise?

I usually go to HAL's site and price the cruise I'm on. It's an inexact science, but it does tell you what categories are closed, which is a good indication of how full the ship is. This can change on a daily basis as other categories are opened then closed in order to sell a particular category faster.

One thing I have done is to go to Travelocity.com and put in my exact cruise. They have a program that shows which cabins are still available. Not sure just how accurate it is, but it's fun to check. :)

mizsuzee

number of unsold cabins is a trade secret --- the object is to make you think that the ship is as full as possible in order to get you to book asap-- i tried tracking it once and found that some of the sites change the cabin numbers to let you think that the others were sold but they are still available--------its all done with smoke and mirrors to fool you

One thing I have done is to go to Travelocity.com and put in my exact cruise. They have a program that shows which cabins are still available. Not sure just how accurate it is, but it's fun to check. :)

mizsuzee

Thanks a LOT....I went to Travelocity.com and now I'm consitering paying $200 MORE to upgrade to a verandah. Had I not gone there, I wouldn't have figured out how little it was to get a balcony...$5,000 mark here I come, and we haven't even booked our shore excursions yet! :eek:

number of unsold cabins is a trade secret --- the object is to make you think that the ship is as full as possible in order to get you to book asap-- i tried tracking it once and found that some of the sites change the cabin numbers to let you think that the others were sold but they are still available--------its all done with smoke and mirrors to fool you

If HAL or the other cruise lines admit the supply is high, then the demand will go down as people wait for the fire sales.

People would look for the ships not filling and expect big discounts. You can pretty much see that as prices drop for specific sailings as the date get closer. Those are the ships not filling up. ;)

Archived