Car rental?

Buffalo618

Is this a safe place to rent a car and do your own touring? Would we be able to rent the car after getting off the ship, go to the rainforest, emerald pool and titon gorge and drive ourselves back? Is it a safe place to park a car and hike around? Are there scooter rentals on this island and is that a good idea? Any suggestions appreciated. We have 8 in our group and want to see everything and swim and play, but don't want to be in a formal tour with so many people. I get carsick too, so don't really like the idea of being driven anywhere.

Honestly, I never once saw a place to rent a car/jeep/scooter and it's a comment I made while there, too- "thank god they don't let us tourists drive!" There are very steep hills, windy roads, and it's really best to let the tour operators do their thing. They are reasonable and will customize a tour for just the 8 of you. The tours will start at about $40 per person for around 5 hours of sightseeing and playing in the pools and waterfalls.

Give Reynold a shout with any questions you might have and he's very quick to respond (usually within 24 hours). reynotours@hotmail.com

You can rent cars here BUT this is the last place I would do it coming off a cruise ship. The mountain roads (all the interior) are narrow, winding and slick with rain not to mention driving on the opposite side. The few hours we've had there on a cruises would have been wasted getting lost or pulling over in sheer fright.

We will rent a car at least part of the time when we go back for a week or two to really enjoy the island.

We also recommend a great tour guide:

Augustine Beno Pascal <benox265@hotmail.com>

Mike of:

Mike & Leesa From Texas

6/11 Carnival Destiny Southern Caribbean Cruise

Big Red Boat 1994 - Infiniti 2001 - Rhaspody 2002 - Sea Princess 2002 - Grand Princess 2003 - Carnival Spirit 2003

Archived