Sailing on the Atlantic Ocean

LDTC

Anyone have any inside info on how rough the waters are sailing out of NY down to the Caribbean? I'm not the best of "sailors" and only was able to get an aft cabin (Crown Princess/Baja deck).

There's honestly no way to tell what the seas will be like. You can be sure the ship will move.

Prepare yourself ahead of time by taking meclazine or ginger tablets or getting a patch from your Dr. There have been many threads here on all types of preventive actions and/or remedies for "mal de mer". A quick search should give you lots of options.

my passion is cruising and the only way I can is if I start taking Bonine (Mecluzine) the night before a cruise and 1 every day during the cruise. if needed sometimes 2 a day. Works great!

Thanks! I usually use the patch but was thinking Bonine might be better. I get a bit woozie by day 3-4 of the patch. I just heard that the water was rougher up north and more worried since I can't get a midship (only aft) cabin. But I will take your advice!

Thanks! I usually use the patch but was thinking Bonine might be better. I get a bit woozie by day 3-4 of the patch. I just heard that the water was rougher up north and more worried since I can't get a midship (only aft) cabin. But I will take your advice!

I also have heard that the patch can be a problem like that. My doctor told me to use Bonine because he also suffers from sea sickness and uses it himself. I have never had any problems with it and the only time I did get sick is because I forgot to take it. Notice I said only once, thats all it took to never leave home without it! :D

Archived