Need advice from Spleen!

shirschup

Spleen,

Do you think we would be able to disembark, rent a car, and drive to Hale'iwa to do the shark encounter by 11am or 12 noon? We would really love to do this excursion but are afraid that we won't make it in time. What do you think? Could it be done? Thanks so much!!

I don't normally read this board so if you want opinions, better to post this on the Hawaii board here at CC (in fact, this may get moved there soon once a moderator sees it)

In any case, I'm assuming you're disembarking off a cruise ship in the AM at Aloha Tower? I think it's very doable as long as you get off the ship quickly. If you can do the express disembarkation (where you lug your own luggage off the ship), then definitely doable. You'll need to arrange to get to the airport to pick up a car and then head out. The other question, of course, is what are you planning on doing with your luggage? I don't recommend keeping it in the trunk of your car. If you can check it at Aloha Tower (or if you're staying for a post-cruise, leave it with your hotel), that would be better.

The drive itself from Aloha Tower to Haleiwa is about 1 to 1-1/2 hours (depending on traffic).

Spleen

Archived