Pride of America - Extended Family of 8

Hi Everyone. I would really appreciate any advice you can give on the family/penthouse staterooms. We have a family of 7 adults and 1 11 year boy. The adults are 3 couples - one set of parents (age 70) and their 2 sons and wives (age 40 ish) and one mother-in-law (age 65).

We have decided to take a cruise around Hawaii and will be traveling from the East Coast. I have cruised a lot (15+) but never on NCL. Four of the adults have never cruised before and only 2 of us have ever been to Hawaii. I have looked at the cabins and am thinking of 2 cabins. One cabin for my DH and me and my mother and the other cabin for my DH's parents, his brother, our sister-in-law and nephew. Does anyone have any comments about the family suites or penthouses on Pride of America?

Thanks a lot.

There are 11 of us going on Pride of America August 5. We looked at the family suites, but they didn't have balconies. We've cruised before both with and without balconies and decided we really wanted them this time. So what we did was book several rooms all in a row on deck #9 and one inside cabin across the hall. Two of the balconies connect. We've been spoiled on Disney which has the split bath option so with rooms all in a row, we have the extra baths and balconies.

A standard room will fit 2-3 easy 4 is a tight fit - bring an shoehorn. The bed is fine for 2 and the sofa makes into a bed for 1 for the fourth person they seperate the beds and place a cot between them. So to keep everyone happy I would plan on three rooms and maybe have two connecting. I did not see where the Balconys on the POA could be combined - at least not between my room and the ones on either side of me.

Archived