Meeting place on Mariner?

Our roll call thread is looking for a place that will be easy for us to tell everyone to meet at for a sail away meeting. I know there is a large area on the pool deck from looking at the plans, but it could be there are so many people there that we need to narrow it down more than that. We are wearing identifying articles (leis!) but does anyone who has been on Mariner before have any suggestions for a specific place to meet for sail away around the pool? Thanks!

Denise

Schooner Bar (Schooner Lounge?) worked well for our group! We were the only ones there. This is a good 'rain-or-shine' location. We dropped our carryons off in the rooms and all met there. It's sort of out-of-the-way.

On our second cruise, we all met in the British pub. That wasn't such a good location - it was too small and crowded for everyone to sit.

Hope this helps.

Dave

i haven't sailed on the mariner yet (but will on july 30).. but i was on the navigator and adventure... we met in the schooner bar also... another option might be the viking lounge (not sure they call it that on the mariner.. but its the one with the glass windows overlooking the pool)... that way you'd get a good view too....

Our group in May met at 3PM at the Sky Bar which is on the deck above the pool but is open looking over the pool deck. Then after the lifeboat drill some went to the Helo Pad for Sailaway. The sky bar worked well as you can always move closer to the railing together if it becomes too crowded but that wasn't the case with us. Have done the sky bar actually 2 years in a row for pre sailaway with M&M group.

Thanks sanditoes4, but if we say upper deck of the pool, will that be a huge area where we might not find each other during sail away or is it a small enough that we couldn't miss each other? Sorry I am asking so many specific questions, but I am trying to pick a spot for our group and I don't want to tell anyone wrong!

Denise :)

I would recommend asking everyone to send a digital photo to you. Then you can create a Word document with their picture, their names and their screen name. Then e-mail the document to everyone.

I did this for our first cruise and it worked-out very well. We all felt like we knew each other once we could be faces with the names/screennames!

Our group met by the bar one flight up from the pool. It's called the Sky Bar. It's perfect for meet ups cause you can be there for sail away. You're going to have to do some snooping. If someone is looking around oddly ask them if they are from CC. That sounds awkward, but it's not as bad as all that.

Archived