parking for carnival legend???

SLINKY-YJ

hi i am going on the legend out of new york city on october 6th and have no idea as to what to do about parking for the week. carnival doese not provide parking from what i understand. if anyone has any idea of where i can park my car for 8 days please let me know. oh and what is this side door entrance to the ship that i have heard about? any information would be greatly appreciated thanks in advance

We're on the Legend October 6th as well and will be driving down from Maine to NYC. I booked our hotel on priceline over the weekend and was pleased with the hotel choice and rates. It's my understanding there is parking at the pier. I'm interested in any advice anyone can give as well.

Thanks!

We're on the Legend October 6th as well and will be driving down from Maine to NYC. I booked our hotel on priceline over the weekend and was pleased with the hotel choice and rates. It's my understanding there is parking at the pier. I'm interested in any advice anyone can give as well.

Thanks!

This is what I found on the Carnival Website

ADDRESS: New York City Passenger Ship Terminal

Pier 88/90/92

711 12th Avenue at 55th Street

New York City, New York 10019

TRAVEL TIME:

• 15 miles from Newark International Airport; travel time is approximately 45 minutes.
  • 15 miles from LaGuardia Airport; travel time is approximately 45 minutes.

DIRECTIONS TO THE PORT:

Traveling from outside of New York City

• New Jersey Turnpike North/South
  • Take Lincoln Tunnel to New York City and follow signs to West 42nd Street
  • Turn left on to West 42nd Street
  • Turn right on to 12th Avenue (West Side Highway)
  • Turn left at 55th Street and proceed up the ramp to the terminal
  • Proceed to Pier #88/90/92

PARKING: $24 per day (rates subject to change by the Port Authority)

• Open rooftop, gated, outdoor parking lot under 24-hour patrol.
  • Full payment due upon entering the parking area.
  • Accepted forms of payment: U.S. Dollars; U.S. Traveler's Checks.
  • No advance reservations required.

For more information: P&O Parking, 212-246-5924.

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Cruise_Ship_Terminals_Parking_Directions__PORT_OF_NEW_YORK.aspx

Last I l knew there is parking at the pier and it is 25.00 per day. Ouch! I have parked at Weehacken (?) in NJ and have taken the Ferry. The parking is 8.00 per day. My only concern is security. This lot is very big. I have parked there twice and I have had no problems. I was wondering if anyone has ever had any problems?

moxie99 have you ever been on the legend? if so what do you think? i think we are going to get a limo to nyc because its about the same price as it would be to park two cars for 8 days. thanks for the fast replys evryone

Hi I just got back from the Legend. There IS parking and plenty of it. Dont worry. We always sail out of NY and have never had a problem. Since the cruise is 8 days you get the discounted monthly rate of 180.00! That really isnt too bad considering a limo for me would be over 300.00!

I have called several limo services, ranging from the stretch to the large van, and price is pretty universal, $100 not including tax or tip. Since we are leaving on a Wednesday in October and am relatively sure there aren't many other ships leaving NYC on a Wednesday, we are going to drive and park our car at the pier. I have called them as well and they will charge the $180 monthly rate for an 8 day cruise. At least this way, our car will be waiting when we return and we can immediately start our ride back to Maine.

cruisn4evr,

I just got off the Legend too from 6/24 to 7/2. It was my first cruise and I had so much fun. You know how everyone was trying to find out who Owens father was...well it is Mick Jagger BUT someone on this message board said that she double checked online and Owen is 9 years older then their oldest child. ????

Stacey- What car rental company is it? Do you rent it in MA then drop it off in NYC? We've used the parking lot without a problem, but if I can save a few bucks in the future.....

I had to book to different ones. Budget on the way to NY, picking up at the Providence, RI airport because we live in very southern MA. Budget was booked for the return trip, but I found Hertz for the same price and same distance and dropping it off in RI also. It was only $80/day for each one. If we use a cab to get over, probably about equals the $180 for parking but we both have new cars and don't want to leave them in a lot!

Archived