Upgrades even with confirmed room!!

cshaw40

:D This is my first Carnival Cruise, I have only been on Princess before. But, the military discount was too good to pass up. And I am a firm believer that a cruise is what you make of it. I am a serious bargain shopper and have spent my days watching the rates and the cabin we had booked at cat 7A which was obstructed was now cheaper than originally quoted.

So, I called Carnival who I booked with and very nicely explained that I had noticed the rate change and would they credit me for the difference. They put me on hold for two minutes and offered me an upgrade to Category 8F on the Verandah Deck and $50 ship credit. It was that easy.... I have tried for years to upgrade on Princess and it was like walking into a brick wall. Well, I am walking on cloud nine!!! It really feels good to feel like you got something given to you... I know probably sounds silly!!!

Well, we have 24 days until we board Carnival Legend. Look for my review and pictures when I return. Thank you again for all the advice and knowledge I have gained from this sight!!

Happy Cruising!

Congrats !

That's a better upgrade than we've ever gotten out of them after 11 Carnival Cruises...

It's funny.....My Travel Agent always tells me how Princess is the most loyal with upgrading past guests....

Guess it's just luck....

Anyway......Have a great time....:)

Archived