should we embark in Maui or Honolulu???

smnornes

Last cruise I got on in Maui and it was very smooth for both embarkation and debarkation. There are only like 400 people getting on and off in Maui so it makes it less crowded, etc. The major down side for me was that the price of airline tickets to Maui from the Big Island was more than it would have been to Honolulu.

Emi

We are embarking from Maui mainly because our plane is landing there. As I've looked at the fares on Pride of Aloha I noticed fares from Maui are significantly cheaper (ie. $400/person, depending on cabin class) than those from Honolulu - same cruise in early September of this year. I don't know if this is a fluke or the norm but it might be worth checking out.

we'll be embarking from Maui also in early August. I also could not make a decision until I checked both airline fares and cruise fares. The exact same cabin was more than $900 if I booked it starting in Honolulu. Also, I was also able to book it with an automatic upgrade if I left from Maui. It was the same exact cruise, so why not. Airline fares were insignificantly different. The times were a little better from Honolulu but not enough to sway me. I also wanted to do a 2 day precruise stay and preferred to be in Maui than Ohau.

Check out the deals....something will help you decide. Good luck. :D

SSL1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ROC-Mediterranean 2001

Archived