Obstructed balcony...can you see anything??

We are on the Pride and have cabins 5181 and 5183. I was told these aren't "true balconies" HUH? What does that mean? One Carn rep said it wouldn't have a view like a true balcony. Another said that the lifeboats are actually lowered and you still can see plenty. Anyone know? I had to talk my husband into this cruise and I don't want to start off with him having different expectations.

Hang onto those cabins. We were in a 7A obstructed balcony on the Miracle last week and loved it. The Pride and Miracle have the same design.

The first 3 lifeboats on each side are taller and obstruct your view more than the others. You're farther back than those 3 so you'll have the shorter lifeboats. You can still see out wonderfully, but if you look down, there is the lifeboat. I took hundreds of beautiful sunrise and sunset photos from our balcony. I just had to use the zoom a little so I didn't get the lifeboat and the rope above it in the picture. Sometimes they'll be doing maintenance on the lifeboat, so be ready for that.

Archived