What is Carnival's policy on....

Sandyrella

bringing alcohol on board?

Not that we want to get plastered every day but we do like to have a glass of wine while getting ready for dinner, etc.

We did a Disney cruise last February and were surprised to learn that we were allowed to alcohol on board in our carry-on. I'm just wondering if this is a standard policy or if not all cruise lines allow this.

Thanks for your help...what a great site!

Sandy

Use the search function which is now operational and you will find MANY posts on this subject. Technically, no you are not allowed to bring it on board but there are many ways to "smuggle" it on if you get a little creative. Many have just wrapped their wine well and put it in their checked luggage.

This is their policy (now, this does not mean that people do not find "ways" to bring alcohol onboard): (d) Guests are prohibited from bringing alcoholic beverages on Carnival's vessels for on board consumption. Alcoholic beverages purchased in the vessel's gift shops or ashore cannot be consumed aboard the vessel and will be retained by Carnival until the end of the voyage. Guests who are celebrating a special occasion are permitted to bring fine wine or champagne (no other alcohol is permitted) at the beginning of the cruise during embarkation day only. A $10 corkage fee will be charged should guests wish to consume this wine/champagne in the dining room. Carnival reserves the right to refuse to serve alcohol to any passenger. Guest acknowledges that the minimum age permitted for the purchase, possession or consumption of alcoholic beverages aboard Carnival's vessels is twenty-one (21). Guest agrees to supervise all persons under age twenty-one (21) under Guest's charge to insure that they do not violate this, or any other, shipboard regulation. Guests who attempt to purchase alcohol by using false identification or the Sail & Sign card of a Guest who is twenty-one or older will be deemed in violation of this policy. Any Guest twenty-one or older who attempts to or purchases alcohol for any guest under twenty-one will also be deemed in violation of this policy. Guest agrees that Carnival has the right to disembark any guest who violates this policy and as well as any adults traveling with minors who violate this policy or any other shipboard regulation.

The carry on luggage is ex-rayed and scrutinized more than the regular luggage. I have seen soda and alcohol in carry ons confiscated before. That's why we always pack our extra drinks in our luggage. We use bubble wrap. It comes in handy when you need something to pack your souvenirs in on the return trip. We love Dr. Pepper and they don't serve it on board. We get a large duffle bag and wrap up our Dr. Pepper and other desired drinks in bubble wrap and put them in it. Then on the return trip we use the duffle bag for either dirty clothes or souvenirs. I don't do this, but I have heard people buy vodka and other alcohol while in port and put it in water bottles. The ship doesn't confiscate bottled drinking water. Personally, I love those exotic drinks with the pretty little umbrella in them. But to each his own. We always bring sodas and a soft sided cooler that folds up into our suitcase. Our cabin attendant ices down our cooler for us every evening. We have never had a problem bringing our own drinks on board. Just be sure to put it in your luggage instead of your carry on.

[b][color=darkslategray]True. I take a six-pk of Cokes in the plastic bottles in one of my checked pieces of luggage, along with a coupla bottles of wine, well-wrapped in bubblewrap and my beach towel. [/color][/b]
[b][color=darkslategray][/color][/b]
[b][color=darkslategray] I know these are allowed, and that I could put them in my carry-on with no problem; however, it's just easier for me to check the luggage because of the weight.[/color][/b]

You can bring your drinks on board in your carry on. But if there are too many, they will confiscate them. I have seen it happen. If there are more than just a few, you can get them taken away. We have a family of four and everyone wants their favorite drink. That's why we set aside a bag just for the drinks. As I said, it's perfect for dirty clothes or souvenirs.

Archived