NCL Jewel - 30th July

aeiou

We were on the Jewel May 14th. Our daughter loved the kids club. The staff all spoke at least 2 languages. Our cruise had kids from Norway, Spain, Germany, England, Portugal, and the U.S. It was fun to see kids from all over get along together even if they couldn't understand what the other was saying. I know that the staff has pagers or phones that you could check out if you have any concerns about leaving them in the kids club. The slide on the Jewel was just the right size for our daughter to go down. It ends in shallow water.

Have fun!

Hi,

Thank you for your answer. We are Portuguese and you?

Could you suggest me what is the best restaurants to go with our kids?

The swimming pool for kids is good?

Do you remember what soda pack include?

Regards

RCCL Voyager of the Seas - Caribbean 2002

Celebrity Cruises Constellation - Caribbean 2003

RCCL Navigator of the Seas - Caribbean 2005

RCCL Adventure of the Seas - Caribbean Fev2006

NCL Jewel - Mediterrean Jul2006

Aeiou, We will also be on that cruise with our 11 yr old son. If you take a look at our roll call there are other people traveling with young children. To find out other information on the childrens program go to www.ncl.com at the bottom of the home page click "more info" . Then go into "kids crew". It will describe the children's program and backback/soda program for kids. I'm not sure about what restaurants are good for kids. I'm sure the main dining rooms are fine, not sure about the specialty restaurants. I know there is a kids buffet that serves things like pizza, chicken nuggets, macroni and cheese, etc. I think the buffet is open all day and into the night. Your children can also go into the children's program at 7pm. You can feed them first then have a nice dinner out by yourselves. If your 2 yr old is not potty trained, they will give you a beeper and then you go back to change the diaper. There is also babysitting available. If your daughter knows how to swim, the pool might be okay. When our son was 4 we used to bring what's called "water wings" in the States. You blow them up and put them around the arms. That kept him afloat. If not that, you can also get a bathing suit with a float around it. By the way, I was in Portugal a few years ago. It is a beautiful country!

Bonnie

We are Americans currently in Germany. We took our daughter to all the resturants that we went too. We didn't go to the ones with the cover charge. The one night we wanted to go they were booked up. The kids buffet was only open a couple of nights on our cruise probably because schools were still in session. Our daughter liked the Italian, the TexMex, and Tsar's main dining room. The other main dining room had a bench on which she promptly fell asleep.

We didn't get the soda package for our daughter. She had milk in the morning on her cereal. drank water and might have had a soda with dinner. We did bring some sodas on board with us. The minibar had room to stick a couple of extra cans in it.

Our daughter did wear the aqua-wings in the pool. The sides of the pool always had a little water in it to splash around, in case your child is fearful of the water.

Thanks for your answer.

Could you said me your opinion about the spaces in Jewel for Kids? What excursions did you go?

Regards

We are Americans currently in Germany. We took our daughter to all the resturants that we went too. We didn't go to the ones with the cover charge. The one night we wanted to go they were booked up. The kids buffet was only open a couple of nights on our cruise probably because schools were still in session. Our daughter liked the Italian, the TexMex, and Tsar's main dining room. The other main dining room had a bench on which she promptly fell asleep.

We didn't get the soda package for our daughter. She had milk in the morning on her cereal. drank water and might have had a soda with dinner. We did bring some sodas on board with us. The minibar had room to stick a couple of extra cans in it.

Our daughter did wear the aqua-wings in the pool. The sides of the pool always had a little water in it to splash around, in case your child is fearful of the water.

They had the 2-5 year olds in the "cinema" room to be checked in. That room had a large T.V. and they would show moives/ T.V. shows. The other room had a good-sized jungle gym for the kids to play in.

They also have a wading pool off to the side of the main pool undercover. It also has a hot tub there which was nice for the adults. It wading pool was very small and had a small slide in the shape of a whale. It was a good place to swim out of the sun.

We did an afternoon tour in Sicily, went ot Pompeii, did a classic tour of Rome and visited Pisa. We felt safe with leaving our daughter on board and took her with us to visit the ports in Sicily and France. There was a small rocky beach not too far from the tender station in France which our daughter couldn't stay out of the water. I'm not sure if your cruise has the same stops or not. We felt confused by the formsfor the tours, since none had child prices. The tours desk told us we had to ask for every tour if they had a child price. Most of the ones we wanted to go on had a child's price but it was strange that we had to ask about it.

Archived