Ordering Two Appetizers in the Dining Room?

Jaycue52

Cotton, check out the new menus that Serene56 posted; day #6 has New England Crab Cakes as a starter:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=340472

We just got back from the Valor and I almost ordered them, but I went with two main courses (the Quail and the Chateaubriand) instead. If anyone is interested the Chateaubriand was very good, but I think I'll pass on the Quail next trip.

John

Did they not overcook the Chateaubriand?? Every time I have ordered, it has been WAAAAAY overcooked :( It should be almost raw in the center, and everytime I have ordered it, it has barely been medium. I hope they have corrected that????

Did they not overcook the Chateaubriand?? Every time I have ordered, it has been WAAAAAY overcooked :( It should be almost raw in the center, and everytime I have ordered it, it has barely been medium. I hope they have corrected that????
I order steaks/prime rib rare or medium rare so my typical point of reference is..... if a good Vet can't bring it back to life, it is overcooked ;).

I can't remember if the waiter asked me how I wanted it cooked or not, but I would say it was done medium rare, and I thought it was quite good. It was the first time I had tried it, but it won't be the last.

The first night I ordered the lamb and the NY Strip. The steak was way overcooked, but the lamb more than made up for it..... very, very good. Other than that first night all of the steaks and prime rib were pretty much cooked to order, which was a slight (but very pleasant) surprise.

Our waiter, Vaughn, would repeat an order for medium rare as medium moo. It was pretty funny, that by the 3rd or 4th day I would hear the other tables ordering things medium moo also.

John

I believe the post you were referring to was discussing the supper club... which no, you are not allowed two appetizers (although I got lucky, and some others have gotten lucky) But in the dining room, you can order however many appys you want.

You ARE allowed to order as many appetizers as you want. It's the MAIN COURSE that is frowned upon b/c THAT'S what you're paying 30$ for, NOT the appetizer. Order away.

You ARE allowed to order as many appetizers as you want. It's the MAIN COURSE that is frowned upon b/c THAT'S what you're paying 30$ for, NOT the appetizer. Order away.

That has not been the case for most of the people on this board... and I had to BEG so that we could share a 2nd appetizer... but if you have been able to, you've been lucky. It is supposed to be one of each.

Would happen to have recipe for this? I know it the wrong board but I also knew you'd see it here. I thought you were giving out recipes from a Carnival Cook Book? If you can do this, I'd sure appreciate it.

Thanks in advance.

I'll take a look but I don't recall seeing that one... but I will look when I am at the office tomorrow!!

I have never been turned down from ordering more then 1 item in the dining room, in fact our waiters usually ask us if we want anything else.

It is true in the Supper Club thou, I ordered the Creamy Yukon Gold Mash potatos, so light that it was more like a soupy substance, anyways I asked for more and the server wasnt too happy about that.

Archived