We will be docking in Cannes from early morning till 10pm at night in early September and have no idea what to see or do. We will be travelling with our 17 and 22 year old daughters, and I expect, may experience some intense heat of summer. Suggestions please. :confused:

Thanks

Marion

Hi Marion,

There is plenty to do in this part of France. You just need to think about how you would like to explore this area. You will do a ship tour, hire a private tour guide, or be adventure some (independent).

We will be in Cannes in mid August and have decided that we would visit the following towns: Antibes, Tourrettes sur Loup, St. Paul-de-Vence, Nice, and Eze. We will be hiring a private tour gude because when we do the math for 8 of us it's cheaper than the ship tours and we have the flexibility to go and stay as long as we want at each town and omitting or adding as we go along. Some of us thought about doing an independent day, but getting to where we wanted took to much travel time for just one day.

To know a little more about this area you can Google the names of the towns above and decide if they are worth seeing to you. For me, I want to experience the culture, traditions, and ambiance of the towns I visit. If that means I am enjoying a town I'm currently visiting I (we) may stay longer. It's our choice.

Look over the other boards where people have asked similar questions and you will find a heap of information from people you have visited there before and how they did it. As I said this port stop has a lot of visiting places to see. I know we may not get to them all, but the towns I mentioned above are a start. I purposely left out Monaco because we aren't interested, but you may want to go.

Should you need any information about tour guides just ask and as other people read this they will write in there choices and ideas.

You wouldn't happen to be on the Galaxy?

Michael

We used this as a beach day, after strolling the town. There is a free public beach right by where the ship docks. It was a nice break after days of "doing" to relax and sock up the sun.

luvz2run2000....thanks for sharing your Mediterranean pictures. They are awesome! We are sailing on the Liberty in Sept and your photos have gotten me so psyched.:D

You are going to love your cruise and the Liberty. I have been on 9 cruises (multiple lines) and this was far and away the best. The ports were incredible and the crew on the ship was awesome. You will have a blast!

Hi Marion,

There is plenty to do in this part of France. You just need to think about how you would like to explore this area. You will do a ship tour, hire a private tour guide, or be adventure some (independent).

We will be in Cannes in mid August and have decided that we would visit the following towns: Antibes, Tourrettes sur Loup, St. Paul-de-Vence, Nice, and Eze. We will be hiring a private tour gude because when we do the math for 8 of us it's cheaper than the ship tours and we have the flexibility to go and stay as long as we want at each town and omitting or adding as we go along. Some of us thought about doing an independent day, but getting to where we wanted took to much travel time for just one day.

To know a little more about this area you can Google the names of the towns above and decide if they are worth seeing to you. For me, I want to experience the culture, traditions, and ambiance of the towns I visit. If that means I am enjoying a town I'm currently visiting I (we) may stay longer. It's our choice.

Look over the other boards where people have asked similar questions and you will find a heap of information from people you have visited there before and how they did it. As I said this port stop has a lot of visiting places to see. I know we may not get to them all, but the towns I mentioned above are a start. I purposely left out Monaco because we aren't interested, but you may want to go.

Should you need any information about tour guides just ask and as other people read this they will write in there choices and ideas.

You wouldn't happen to be on the Galaxy?

Michael

Hi Micheal,

Yup, Galaxy it is!

Marion

Thanks for sharing your incredible photos. They were fantastic. We are shopping for a new camera. What kind did you use? How big of zoom?

I'm glad you enjoyed our photos.

We have two cameras and the photos in our gallery are a combination of photos taken by me and my husband. We have a Cannon Power Shot S230 with a 3X optical zoom. The newest one is a Cannon Power Shot S500 with a 3X optical zoom and a 12X digital zoom. DH said to let you know we also have them set for the highest resolution.

We've had the older camera for several years and love it. Everyone has always commented on the guality of pictures. When we decided to get a new camera, we knew we would get another Power Shot. There is actually a newer version available BUT the S500 takes the same compact flash and type battery as the camera we already had. Since we already had multiple batteries and flash memory cards it just made more sense to us to keep the compatability since we were still going to use the older camera as well.....less accessories to purchase and carry.

BTY - both cameras also take video as well, but it does eat threw the memory card and battery quicker than regular photos. We use the video for clips of funstuff like the gondola serenade, the street festival we wandered upon in Spain, folk dancers, etc.

You are going to love your cruise and the Liberty. I have been on 9 cruises (multiple lines) and this was far and away the best. The ports were incredible and the crew on the ship was awesome. You will have a blast!

Haven't had time to see all of your photos but they are very nice indeed!

We will be in the Med in October and can hardly wait.

Claudia

Archived