How long a ride from Divi to Maho to Font St?

lisas414

Just trying to time something. If we get off the boat early and go to Divi Little Bay, then should we go to Font St. shopping and then to Maho to watch the planes or Maho then to Font St. Does anyone know the time frame about how long it takes to get to each one? Like from pier to Divi, then so forth? Do we have enough time to do all three do you think? What times are the planes at Maho? Are they all day? Thanks for any info you can give me. We are a family of 6, so what do you think the cab fares will be also?

Divi and Frontstreet are just right next door. Just take a stroll on the boardwalk to get there. Maho is on the other side of the island. It is about 10-15mins away with normal traffic. Good luck if you are caught in the lunch traffic. As for the planes, well, its just one after another. To go from Frontstreet to Maho its about $30 -$40 in a taxi. I'd suggest you rent a car instead.

It's about a mile and a quarter from the Court House (the center of Front Street shopping) to Divi Little Bay. See my previous post here regarding walking.

The Boardwalk does not extend to anywhere near Divi.

Maho is about a 30 - 45 minute trip in the absence of heavy traffic. It's five miles from downtown as the crow flys, probably 10 miles driving.

Heaviest traffic is morning and late afternoon commute times.

There are a number of small planes landing, but check kal's schedule for the more exciting heavys.

The Taxi Association Rate Chart shows that the fare for one or two would be $16.

gary

I, too, was wanting to go to Maho Beach while in St. Martin. However, I am also wanting to see Orient Beach and go to Marigot and Font St for shopping. We are docked in St. Martin for 10 hrs. Can someone please tell me what would be the best order to do the above and if I should take taxis or rent a car. Of note, both my husband and myself are slightly directionally challenged, so it makes me a little nervous to think of us driving around an island we have never been on. Is it hard to find your way around St. Martin? Thanks in advance for all of your advice and help!

Go here for a tour route and images of interesting things to see along the way. The island is very easy to navigate so I would certainly give it a go on your own.

Archived