Anyone stay at the Thistle Tower in London?

romy

We're staying 2 nights pre-cruise at the Thistle Tower before departing for the Baltics from Dover.

Just curious if anyone here has stayed at this hotel and what your thoughts were.

Thanks for any info!

Happy Sailing!

Romy

We stayed there some years back (5, 6?) and had a great room overlooking the bridge. I would recommend it. It's a bit off the beaten path if you are looking to go to some of the main tourist spots, but near an Underground station that can get you where you need to go.

Hey Tortoni, you're 2 for 2! Thanks again, that sounds like fun. Weird, but fun, I'm a true crime buff, so weird is good!

I'll check it out.

Happy Sailing!

Romy

We much preferred the Thistle Marble Arch. It is more cental located. Tube station right around the corner. What with the cost of the Pound so high you can walk to the main shopping area of Oxford Street!

I've never stayed at the Tower Thistle, but one of my gfs stayed there ( we were in Knightsbridge) and she had an INCREDIBLE view of the Tower Bridge! Also, be sure to check out the restaurants in St Katherine's Dock.......when you're SICK of eating fish and chips, go to Dicken's Inn at St Katherine's Dock ( which is right behind/next to your hotel ) they have THE BEST pizza!!!!!!! And, of course, there's lots of cool places across the bridge, like Le Pont de la Tour. London's one of my FAVE cities! Have fun!

Have not stayed at that Hotel, but have walked through it several times, as stated, an excellent view of the bridge and the Tower of London. You can't go wrong.

I have made over 25 trips to London on business, and I think have visited that area, including the docks on 20 of the visits.

You will love the it.

Larry

We're staying 2 nights pre-cruise at the Thistle Tower before departing for the Baltics from Dover.

Just curious if anyone here has stayed at this hotel and what your thoughts were.

Thanks for any info!

Happy Sailing!

Romy

Very nice hotel and if you get a room with a view from your be of the Tower it will be great and not far for you to go to the Tower but taxi and tube for city

Archived