how rough the seas??

new to this port of call; not having much luck with the search; does anyone know if the seas are worse than normal between venice and the greek isles in june/july? we would like to do a seven nighter on an rc 70,000 ton, but were recently on the tahitian princess and warned by a fellow cruiser that the seas were prohibitively rough between venice and greece in the summer; as i get sea sick very easily, it has me concerned; i took my dramamine the whole ten days of the tahitian cruise and was never ill, even though there were some moderate seas two nights; but no real storms--does anyone have experience witht his-- and do you think that the meds wouod work? or should we plan differenlty?

thanks,

tahitsweetie

Have cruised this area many, many times and have never had any rough seas. You can get it rough in the Med in the summer but it is quite rare. Nov/Dec/Jan/feb are the trickiest months. I should go for this cruise and try not to give rough seas another thought.You will have a fabulous holiday.

When we sailed the Med. 2 years ago the seas were as smooth as glass except for the first night . I think you will be fine with the drug you have taken in the past. I always wear my Transderm patch and it has never failed me .

Just returned from Med cruise June 9 to June 21. Seas very smooth. Only occurance when we felt some waves was leaving Livorno toward Marseille.

And even that was fairly mild. My daughter who is very subject to motion had no problems. Used some wrist bands but only that night. And it helped her immensely.

We have been on three European cruises, one from Barcelona to Venice. Never felt motion at all. Seas were as smooth as glass. We will be on the Grand Princess from Venice to Rome, indlucing the Greek Isles, in August. I always take a Bonine every day, just in case . . . but I don't think I ever really need it. In fact, I wish we could feel a little movement! Have a great cruise.

Splendor of the Seas May 2004...what motion (Barcelona)

Jewel of the Seas May 2006...what motion (Barcelona)

If you want motion go to Hawaii in December now thats called "Rock and Roll! Tim

Archived