Carnival Sting Ray City or SandBar

rvfanatic

We are scheduled to go on the Carnival Miracle on 7/16/06. I am trying to decide whether the Sting Ray City or the Sand Bar trip is better. Which one do you recommend? We are all snorkelers so water depth will not be an issue.

We were on the 6/18 Miracle and wondered the same thing when we booked our tours ahead of time.

The tours have different names and times, but the same cost and description. We found out on board that they are the same excursion, but they are run by two different suppliers. We picked the one that had an 8:30am tour and loved it!!! (Look at the times each tour is offered.) It wasn't a cattle call - our boat held about 24 people and we had very personalized service. There was an independent photographer on board and an independent videographer. We bought the photos on a CD which we got before we finished and the DVD which was delivered to the ship before the Miracle left GC. They were great! Also, by having an 8:30 tour, we got to the Stingrays a long time before other boats started arriving.

Hello everyone... My fiance and i will be on the Carnival Valor in September and would like to swim with the stingrays on Grand Cayman. I was there once several years ago and went to a place where we snorkled with the stingrays on a coral reef, and did not stand on the sandbar. The tour operator referred to this as Stingray City, and indicated that it was different from the Sandbar but now I am getting confused about whether these are two different places. We did see the sandbar on our way to this stingray reef place, and i remember thinking i would do the reef again instead of the sandbar if i ever went back.

Does anyone know of a tour operator that goes to this reef instead of the sandbar? All of the ones mentioned on the boards seem to go to the sandbar. Ideally we would like a tour similar to the Rays, Reef and Rum Point, but would prefer this stingray city reef to the sandbar. Anyone familiar with this reef as opposed to the sandbar? Thanks in advance!

Archived