1/2 price specialty restaurants on board the POH??

Lydia B.

I believe that I read on a thread that some of the specialty restaurants aboard Pride of Hawaii have 1/2 price nights?? For those of you that have been on the ship can you enlighten the rest of us who have booked?

ALSO can you reinterate what restaurants require reservations and what ones have fees attached. I am one of those that may be a bit lost as to the distintion and would appreciate your help and input. Thanks so much and

I don't remember seeing anything on our trip about 1/2 price nights (we were on the POH June 26 sailing). You are better off with reservations at all of them. The free ones are Paniolo Tapas & Salsa Restaurant and Papa's Italian Kitchen. We tried Paniolo Tapas & Salsa Restaurant, Cagney's, Jasmine Garden and Teppanyaki. The first three were good, but Teppanyaki was disappointing (no theatrics typical of Japanese "hibachi" restaurants) and the food was only fair. Cagney's charges a $15 surcharge per head with an additional $10 for certain items (e.g., lobster and porterhouse steak). I believe Jasmine Garden was $10 per head and Teppanyaki was $20. All of those prices are exclusive of tip.

I'm so new at this..we've never been on a cruise. I guess I was naive to think the 10 restaurants they advertise are included. So the food is only included in two restaurants? There is a charge for all the others?

Archived