RCCL vs. Carnival vs. NCL in Alaska

bizeebeth

We are planning a multi-generation cruise next May in Alaska and trying to decide whether to stick with Carnival (which we have used in Carribean), or whether to try another cruise line.

The kids' program is of utmost importance for us. Our kids loved Carnival and we liked the fact that they could eat dinner with other kids some nights b/c they really didn't like to sit through the 5 course meals with us adults. By next May, we hope that our youngest is potty trained (he'll be 3 then and our little girl 5).

I also want the cruise to be nice for our parents and grandparents. I just never thought of RCCL as "kid friendly" or that their kids' program was as good as Carnival until I read a couple of posts. Of course, we want a great cruise to Alaska as well and don't know if Carnival is the best cruise line for Alaska.

We've also cruised without kids on NCL and was thinking about trying them in Alaska but I've read that their kids' program has very limited hours and is not as good as the other ones.

Thanks for all input!!!

Ok I've Been on All 3 cruises to Alaska. I was 12 at the time of the RCCL,14 at the time of NCL, and 17 at the time of the Carnival. RCCL has an amazing kids program, they are open almost all the time except lunch and dinner which are normal. the NCL Program is good but they are only open from 7-10 which defeats the whole purpose. Carnival also has an amazing kids program. Which you will need for the long alaska cruise. I would definentally suggest either carnival or RCCL. I hope this helps.

Archived