Wennfred I need your help!!!

Sue L

Hey Wennfred,

I know from your postings that you are the Seamiles guru so I need to ask you a couple of questions.

We have a cruise held on that other line (Bermuda 5 day) with a 500$ discount with seamiles, we don't use TA's and I am a little nervous having to book through them. Have you encountered any problems with them? If yes, what kinds so that I can hopefully prevent them.

They told me the would honor any price drops but I am always leary did they tell you the same thing?

How far out did you get your docs?

Any info would be great!!!

Thanks in advance

Sue

Thanks in advance

Hey Wennfred,

I thought of one more thing, did you take the insurance through them? I told the seamiles TA that I buy insurance privately ( statravel.com) and he met the price. He said it was very comprehensive and he is sending the brochure but I wondering if you had any experience with it.

Thanks again

Sue

I booked with my Sea Miles and it was fine (even though it wasn't really $500 off)! There has already been one price drop which they honored without a problem. Be sure you know what kind of discount it is as my agent was sure that the past guest was always the best. It turned out the "residency" special got me a balcony for less than the past guest outside! I use another online site to check for the price drops and then call them.

Will make the final payment next week which they will do automatically for me.

So far no problem!

Wendy

I was told that you could not insure seamiles.. I am going on a free cruise in sep and wanted the insurance. If you can Please let me know.....:cool:

I booked a discounted cruise not a free one so it might be different. If they won't let you add insurance then do it privately, check out statravel.com which is based on the # of days not the cost of the trip and it covers delay, lost luggage, medical evacuation etc. for up to 8 days it is 49$pp

I booked with my Sea Miles and it was fine (even though it wasn't really $500 off)! There has already been one price drop which they honored without a problem. Be sure you know what kind of discount it is as my agent was sure that the past guest was always the best. It turned out the "residency" special got me a balcony for less than the past guest outside! I use another online site to check for the price drops and then call them.

Will make the final payment next week which they will do automatically for me.

So far no problem!

Wendy

Hey Wendy,

This is our first cruise with RCCL so no past guest promo and RCCL does not discount on any sites. Their prices are standard across the board. That being said I checked the RCCL.COM site and got the price they show and the price seamiles gave me was exactly that -$500 to the penny. So we got a hump balcony for 2 us for 1100$ plus port charges,etc which we would have paid anyway. $550 a person for a balcony I think is a pretty good deal.

Sue

We have a cruise held on that other line (Bermuda 5 day) with a 500$ discount with seamiles, we don't use TA's and I am a little nervous having to book through them. Have you encountered any problems with them? If yes, what kinds so that I can hopefully prevent them.

They told me the would honor any price drops but I am always leary did they tell you the same thing?

I booked my Valor Cruise with Carnival SeaMiles, they were extremely professional, very knowledgeable and helpful, Its always fun to talk to them when I called to do a Booking number cross references or just to ask them questions that people ask on here. They also go over ever bit of detail from spelling out your name and address to ensure nothing goes wrong. My Docs for the Valor arrived about 1 week prior to cruise date.

They even called me and left me a message about the port change of Cozumel and Costa Maya. Thats awesome customer service. Im going to put myself out there by saying that I have never paid for Travel insurance because I intend to go and never foresee any problems, so far I have been lucky. I know thats very stupid on my part for not taking out Insurance but I felt I never had a need for it so why start now. Knock on wood, hope everything will be ok for my next 2 cruises hehe.

Its pretty cool that if you can't find a discount with RCCL you can always book with SeaMiles and apply those points to them. My 7 day 2008 cruise will be free with SeaMiles.

Fred

Thanks for the info Fred,

We just booked it! our seamiles rep David was great and yes he went over every detail which was a good thing since both our birthdays were wrong in their system (not sure why). But everything is straightened out. So now I have two cruises booked ( a first!!!!!) and I can't wait. It still amazes me that after 10 for and 9 for DH cruises that I am still so excited!!!

Thanks again everything!!

Sue

Archived