MBNA messed up my redeemed points

I redeemed 3/$50 on board credit points a few weeks ago and I got 1/15000 coupon instead. I vaguely recall this happening last year too. Last year I just mailed RCCL the coupons indicating that they were incorrect and RCCL applied then correctly. The only thing is that I mailed them in at the last minute and I thought that is why they made the exception. Has anyone one else had this problem?

I had the same problem last year. MBNA told me they can't correct the problem after they've issued the voucher. They did however contact RCCL and let them know about the situation. I mailed my incorrect voucher along with a letter to RCCL indicating the names of everyone I'd talked to and had no problem getting the on board credit instead.

Hopefully everything will work out for you as well.

Did I mess up?

I have 25000 points that I just called MBNA to redeem for an August cruise. I had intended to use them to get $250 in onboard credit; will the certificate I receive limit my options? It sounded from your posts like there are two different kinds of redemptions?

Help!

Archived