Football games on the Sensation?

marquez305

Sailing on the Sensation on 9/7/06. Apparently it is a life/death situation for some in our group to be able to see the Steelers/Dolphins game at 8:30pm on the 7th. Do they show games? Where? It's the NFL season opener if that matters at all. Do you experts think they'll show this one? Thanks!

Not in the cabin but in the sports bar you could. It is a national game that will be picked up-- only one game that particualr night.

(be aware of any time difference on the ship compared to when the game is on)

Geaux Saints! I don't remember if it was a Holiday or Sensation cruise out of N.O., but I was able to watch the game in my cabin. It, and others, were also on the TVs in the sports bar (3 TVs showing different games), but I like to watch a game in quiet, so I was thrilled to be able to watch my Saints in my cabin. ;)

That game is on NBC so who knows. When we were on a cruise, the game that played on the screens in the sports bar on ESPN was the game played in the cabin. It was a cruise out of Boston so that when the Eagles showed up on the screen, all of the Patriot's fans left!!

Good Luck!

Go Steelers!:D

Well im leaving on Sept 3rd, and I hope I dont miss the FSU/Miami game,it's the biggest rivalary in college football and lord knows I dont want to miss it, I think I will email my pvp and request I get this game in the sports bar at least. This game is bragging rights for a whole year and I'll be danged if I have to miss it cause of a cruise is too cheap to get it on tv lol. It's on ABC !!!!

I leave August 5 on the glory and I'm kind of upset that I'm missing some of my Philadelphia Eagles training camp....I'm using the vacation week I usually would take for watching the Eagles training camp for my honeymoon. If Carnival cared at all for their male customers, they would show every NFLgame that is on while men on on their boat.After lurking on these boards for months now I can tell you this. I have read many complaints about cuises, the only complaint I have against Eagles training camp is that I watched low life Terrell Owens wear an Eagles Jersey:mad: ....what a disgrace. We'll see you october Dallas!!!!

I leave August 5 on the glory and I'm kind of upset that I'm missing some of my Philadelphia Eagles training camp....I'm using the vacation week I usually would take for watching the Eagles training camp for my honeymoon. If Carnival cared at all for their male customers, they would show every NFLgame that is on while men on on their boat.After lurking on these boards for months now I can tell you this. I have read many complaints about cuises, the only complaint I have against Eagles training camp is that I watched low life Terrell Owens wear an Eagles Jersey:mad: ....what a disgrace. We'll see you october Dallas!!!!

I booked my SOs first cruise during the Eagles/Dallas game and people were very kind and told me he will be able to see it on the ship- WOW. did he almost hate me. it was a Tennessee game instead. Yeawch.

He told me I am to never EVER book a cruise during football season again. Well being a female-- of course I dont listen. Booked the Destiny in Sept coz the price was cheap--- he will miss two whole games.

Have you visited any of the eagles message boards?? How about TO's board...lol

Cruiselines can not put every game on during the day on sunday-- there is just too many.

College bowl on Saturday will be a hit and miss thing.

With all due respect serene....If your man asks you to please not book a cruise during football season and then you book a cruise whicjh he will miss 2 games, do you really love him?!?!?! ;) .If I told my girl that every sunday ( sometimes Monday night ) between September and January are booked, she should know why and heed the warning or be prepared to have her vacation plans ruined. I wouldn't go to a T.O board because he is sucubus. he sucks the happiness and life out of any team he happens to be a part of and I choose not to be a part of that. Yes I am a DIE HARD Eagles fan ever since i can remember( 1980 ). The best christmas present I can ask for this year is for the Eagles to go down to Dallas on December 25th, and for an absolute masacre of the Dallas Cowgirls.

With the game being at night, I'd say that it will more then likely be shown in the sports bar. my advise would be to have someone record that games, or use tivo. I will be missing two games on the legend in September. Football will be there next Sunday, but how often do you cruise.

I cruise as often as my team goes to the super bowl....once in a lifetime. But I'll remember my teams super bowl win long after my cruise.

My deepest sympathies go out to you being an eagles fan. But the op is going in September. You are correct, if my team was in the superbowl, I would think twice about cruising during that time frame, although I'm sure they would definitely have it shown on the ship.

Hope y'all have better luck watching the football games than we did getting the Nascar races. The only thing the Sports Bar played on the Pride was golf and tennis on all the tvs. (if I remember correctly)

With all due respect serene....If your man asks you to please not book a cruise during football season and then you book a cruise whicjh he will miss 2 games, do you really love him?!?!?! .

Its MY big "0" birthday which comes once in a lifetime. If football was all that to him he could have said-- have a great time-ill see ya when ya get back.

Serene, How romantic! To think he would give up football in order to celebrate your 20th birthday on a cruise ship.

Beerman, After reading your post #8, I have this need to call your attention to the fact that Carnival needs to cater to the needs of both men AND women who enjoy football cause the ship is loaded with men AND women who do. I have a 90 year old mother who is in a nursing home in SC, screaming her brains out for the Steelers on Sundays.

See ya on the 25th!

Archived