Need info the best way to get from Airport to Waikiki

TNlovestocruise

hi, there is a bus shuttle from the airport to any Waikiki hotel. It's just outside the airport, follow the signs to the bus station. If i remember its cheaper to buy round trip, like $14 per person. Dont forget to tell the driver the hotel u will be staying, he will stop right in front of it!

I think that's a shuttle, not a bus. The Bus (public transportation system on Oahu) doesn't allow luggage. Shuttle/taxi is probably your best way to get from airport to Waikiki. Shuttle cheaper. Taxi faster and more space.

Spleen

We are flying in to honolulu{from Maui} and renting a car. We are then on a cruise. Is it best to rent our car at the airport or a location in town? Would there be a shuttle at the airport if, say my husband dropped me off at the ship with the luggage and then returned the car? Does that sound like the best way.? Thanks in advance for any help. Yogi

Yes, there is a shuttle back to the pier, if you decide to drop the car off at the airport.

Are we sure about this? This was not my understanding but maybe things have changed.

Spleen

It's been awhile, but last we were there, Alamo did not have a shuttle from their airport location to the pier, but did have one from the Waikiki office. If you are renting at the airport location regardless of the company, call the local office and check with them.

We will be at the HHV and picking up the car at the airport. Would we be better off returning the car, shuttle back to the hotel{is there a hotel shuttle?} and then taxi to the pier? Thanks yogi

Many of the car rental agencies have offices in Waikiki very near to the Hilton Hawaii. You might consider picking the car up at the airport and dropping it off at one of the Waikiki offise, IF they have one. Beware, some rental agencies charge a dropoff fee, while others do not. Most of the Waikiki offices do provide shuttle service to the pier.

Enterprise has an office right at Aloha Tower Market Place (700 Fort Street 96813-4838.) We are renting a car at the Honolulu Airport and returning it three days later to the cruise pier. There is a $30 drop-off fee for a different location. NCL generally uses piers 10 and 11.

Here is the map website for the Honolulu Harbor:

http://www.state.hi.us/dot/harbors/honolulu.htm

Archived