What makes cruising so special for you?

wakelover

Since we started cruising we cant imagine another type of holiday. No more hotels for us!

We love the fact that you can lie by a pool sipping your cocktail of the day but still feel that you are 'doing' something because you are travelling!!!

We love meeting new people and the comraderie that you get on a cruise ship. Its like moving house for a fortnight and having new neighbours!

We love the laid back relaxing feeling of just plodding about with everything a short walk from your cabin.

We love the food too! and going out on our balcony in the morning to a new view!

What makes cruising so special for you?

wakelover

xxxx

I agree with everything you said.

My absolute favorite part is meeting people on the boards and talking about the cruise and getting excited talking about it for months. And then to all meet and put faces to the names is the best. There is no other vacation where you can actually meet friends before you even get there.

For me, the vacation is not about the destination. It's all about the ship!!!

I've never stayed in a hotel where I became friendly with other guests. On a cruise you meet people in the hot tub, elevator, even in the ladies room!!! And then you pass them a day later and they remember you and say "hi". It's the best.

oh..............and the food is good too!

Besides the NO cooking and NO cleaning it's so peaceful sailing on the open waters. The staff treats you like royalty. I feel like a queen for the week. I enjoy meeting new people. I love that I get to see several ports-of-call. It just makes me feel wonderful from morning till night.

No- WORK for both of us, for me- no cooking, cleaning, DH-phone calls, e-mails. DH- being unreachable even by cell phone.

Being pampered.

Both of us enjoy the solitude you feel, and the beauty you see while enjoying the sea from your very own balcony in paradise!

Seeing and learning about new countries and ports.

Tasting new food, and drinks.

Jeeez, I am so going through cruise withdrawal, still!!:rolleyes:

My husband and I enjoy cruising because from the moment you step onto the ship you have not a care in the world. The biggest decision that we have to make is what to wear and what to eat. No cooking, cleaning or hassles with traveling.

Looking forward to our next cruise is Island Princess 10/21/06 RT to Hawaii (15 days)

• 2 weeks later...

I love cruising b'c where else is the most important decision of the day which outfit to wear to dinner, and then what to eat?!! :p

Cruising is the one thing that my fiancee and I do that is unique to everyone one we know- just the boat and the open seas for us- we are addicted, but no one else understands why?!

Counting down to the next!! Sept. hopefully!!:D

Late night everynight my youngest son 15 and I turn on the TV and order room service and have a late night picnic. It is a special time for us, because he is in High School and leads a very busy life as do I. This is the best time, no rules about what to eat, just enjoy.:)

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...

Let's see.....where to begin? Seeing our ship as we pull up to the pier, walking onboard and entering the atruim and thinking "this is a ship?? It's so HUGE!!"

Relaxing by the pool with a good book, the shows, the FOOD!! ;)

I've only been on 2 cruises, but I am addicted!!

First off, my husband proposed to me pre-cruise in Key West at sunset, the best part, we were in a group of 40 and no one knew, I got to show off my bling and my newly engaged smile all week!:D

I also agree with a previous poster, I never feel more relaxed than when I'm cruising. No work, no phones, all of our pets taken care of by friends and family, no worries!

*sigh* I can't wait!

I like that there are so many things to do, and everything is right there. You get an awesome amount for your money. It's a great family vacation, and a great vacation for couples. I can chose to do something with just my boyfriend, or have dinner with random people that I've never met before. So many things to do, so little time..

I am hooked, the laying by the pool being served drinks, what a way to take a vacation..I just got back from a short cruise with my daughter,,,it is a wonderful way to spend time with a daughter that is already your best friend...

• 2 weeks later...

Complete and total relaxation! My husband is a workaholic and cleanaholic at home and work, so this is the only time he unwinds and relaxes. Doesn't care about leaving wet towels on the floor, it's a riot! No cooking, no cleaning...PARADISE!

Also a perk for me is not cell phone reception. I don't have to hear from my mother-in-law EVERY SINGLE DAY. (No offense to any mother-in-laws out there, but mine can be a little smothering at times and doesn't know the meaning of relaxation. :rolleyes: ) So our first cruise, I told my DH ahead of time that he'd have to tell him mom she wouldn't hear from us till the day we got off the boat. The 4 days of no contact was rough on her, especially when she heard something on the news about a potential storm that wouldn't have even hit till after we were home...ANYWAYS! Enough of my babeling!

I'm looking forward to our 7 days of peace, quiet, & relaxation!

Also, I love waking up in a new place each morning!

Archived