Deposit for future cruise?

mbrock800

FCC will count as full deposit on any cruise. The reason it "covers" the 3rd & 4th in the cabin is that Princess does not require a deposit for passengers 3 and 4 in the cabin.

Any TA that demanded more of a deposit is not looking out for your best interests. Call his/her bluff on that one.

To the poster who saw no benefit in booking with a travel agent, you must not have a travel agent who will discount. You can book it with Princess, turn it over to your agent and then your agent can discount it for you. Why not avail yourself of that?

If your credit card is already closed, Princess can still refund the FCC. I had it happen to me. I foolishly turned back in a FCC that I thought I wasn't going to use (what was I thinking?). It takes a little longer as they first try to charge it back against the original cc. I forget what happens from there, but the money does eventually make it back to you.

My "mixup " with Princess has now been put right. When I booked the 31 day cruise on board everything seemed easy, but when my TA did the paper work, the staff at Princess became "difficult"

This week I changed the booking to B2B , same dates, different ship and different area of the world B2B count as two seperate cruises.

My TA arranged for me to use my FCC $100 as deposit on the 16 day part of the trip, she also got in writing that the 12 day part would have a $125 ship board credit. Then when she confirmed the booking the reservation clerk, reduced the OBC to $50, since my TA had the offer in writing, she fought the reduction, and it was re instated.

It seems that some of the "mis-ups" come from the staff at HO not knowing what is what.

I have now got a really good deal thanks to my TA's persistance onthis booking.

For the record, anyone doing this Aug 2007 B2B on the Grand can get a really good deal on the air fare to join the ship Southampton ,and leave it at New York.

Archived