Purchase Snorkel Gear onboard AOS?

Purchase snorkel gear onboard AOS?  

16 members have voted

1. 1. Purchase snorkel gear onboard AOS?

• Yes - Get the equipment onboard
    • No - Get the equipment before the trip

I would buy it at home at a dive shop where there is somebody that can help you get a mask that fits your face. The prices on board are actually decent but they only have one shape of mask. The one they had didn't fit my face - but because it is prepackaged I couldn't try it on in advance to find that out.

Buy your gear ahead of time. You really do want to find the right fit for your face. My nose is thin, but it has bump to it and most masks hurt me. I learned that lesson during our first cruise...we bought our own gear as soon as we got home.

I agree...buy it from a dive shop. You can try on the various masks and see what feels comfortable. The staff are really good at helping fit the mask to your face properly. It'll probably be a lot cheaper than buying on the ship, I'd think.

Yes definately get the gear before hand.. you will probably save alot of money as we all well know that most everything is very marked up on the ship.. and as others have said, it needs to fit you properly in order to get full enjoyment out of the experience. We always pack our own and it hardly takes up much space even with the fins.. all lays perfectly in a suitcase, and has barely any weight to it all... We snorkeled in Cococay, cozumel, grand cayman and Jamaica.. all was beautiful... Cozumel was the best of all.. Crystal clear water with at least 50 ft visability.

Archived