Now that I have the booze on board...

......My question is: once you get the booze onto the ship, how do you disguise it while enjoying it onboard throughout the day? I get that you store it and mix your "poision" in your stateroom, but then what? Do you have to keep going back to your stateroom to refill? Do you carry around a flask? ...!

Guess it depends how brazen you are, where your cabin is, and how much you drink. The big mug idea sounds like the best for around the pool to avoid a trip back to the room. The flask idea conjures up the "brown bag" boozer to me. Besides, what do you do, buy a mixer from the bar and spike it. ?? :confused:

I think a lot of the folks that post here drink their booze and wine (other than dining room bottle) "bring aboard" in their cabin. Beer you can obviously carry around in your pool bag..... but then how do you keep it cold ?? :confused:

yall are all so funny- i guess none of yall have ever sneeked beer into the movie theaters either- oh my - what rules i must have broken-

life is too short not to have fun and do what you want and not worry about what people think

i'm sneaking booze aboard and i just might take a case of tequilla- maybe i can sell some in mexico----

this is my vacation and i guess i will follow most of the rules, but i do not see what it hurts to take what you want on board-

That's deep, Scooter!

I wasn't judging anyone, friend. Sorry the trailer comment riled everyone up. I'm sure folks with mansions tote a few Scope bottles full of vodka on board. I was merely saying I don't understand scheming to break a rule. If that's OK, so is shoplifting, if you can come up with a crafty approach of doing it.

You're right... to each his... or her... own. Wear a wife beater and your nastiest-a**ed jeans to formal night, get tanked on smuggled booze. Have a ball. It's vacation, after all.

I'm the "GB" in Scooter-n-GB, but heck technically speaking, MOOT! And, also one more comment. I was not specifically speaking to your "trailer" comment. I care not the wealth of posters on this board. One more fact: Regardless of your income, EVERYONE cheats. Whether you choose to smuggle a bit-o-booze on board (mansion or not), or act on an inside stock tip, capitalism is not a perfect market system, but the alternative is far less appealing.

In the United States, mores and folkways have give in to technical law (i.e. common courtesy and sense is abhorently lacking, we deal with our differences in court, at an all to predictable rate). I give the benefit of the doubt to everyone I meet, until they prove unworthy of same.

Judge no person until you at least attempt to understand who they are, if not where they come from.

Extend to me the courtesy of a handshake, before you label me an idiot or worse.

Ok, as far as what to do with it now that you have it on board, observe what others are carrying around for containers and try to blend in. Souvenir cup with punch, or room service juice ought to do fine, and that is what I plan on doing on my next adventure. Well, that and figuring out how to get some Kalik Gold on board. :D

Cruise alcohol policies are hilarious since they are enforced so randomly enforced. Here are my experiences:

Back in ’93 on the Viking Serenade, we smuggled on a fifth of Jack Daniels and a fifth of Schnaps. We left it out in the room and our room steward put it on ice for us! As far as enjoying the liquor, we did shots in the stateroom.

The last cruise I braved “booze smuggling” was in the Grand Princess. We took on entire box of “Black Box” wine plus a bunch of mini bottles of rum. We mixed the rum with soda in the thermal mugs we got with buying the unlimited soda card. Surprisingly, we never broke into the wine! In Cozumel, I bought a liter of Kaluha and took it right on board with no problems.

In the end, I think it depends from cruise to cruise how strictly the alcohol policies will be enforced. It never hurts to try!

Brandon

I drink rum and coke, I buy rum ( $3 US for liter bottle in San Juan for our last cruise ) at duty free and cans of coke at grocery stores in port. I then drink some of the Coke out of can and replace with rum if say I am going to pool. I figured my 28 rum and Coke drinks (I finished off that liter myself ) cost me around $12 for this cruise. DW drinks wine so brought on four bottles at embarkation and two more during cruise for her. Also won two bottle of wine onboard so our bar bill was not large.

• 2 weeks later...

I bring beer on every cruise I go on. I don't like the fact they do not have Canadian brands which is my choice. I fly it down to FL, enjoy a few at the hotel and then it shows up in my luggage in the stateroom. I have never had a problem getting it on this way.

I don't consider myself trashy, just economical :p

Susan

Everyone just needs to chill out. Take your poison, after you are on board, carry it around in an empty pop bottle, most people carry some type of bag/backpack around to the pool and lounging areas. I have seen so many people doing this....no one is going to say a word. Once I saw a woman at breakfast, poolside, spiking her husbands coffee from a pop bottle. Who cared

You can carry your alchohol in an empty Listerine bottle, if you are worried, I carried rum in a shampoo bottle. Who KNEW???

come on ya'll, lets relax about it and just have a good time!!!

Again this is a hot topic with no real right or wrong answers.

I enjoy a few beers while getting ready or should I say while my GW gets ready, and that sometimes takes a while longer than I wish.

Remedy for me beer and tv on in room - happy :) I will purchase a few beers here and there in ports etc to put in the room fridge.

I wouldn't take these beers out to any public areas of the ship. I have no problem with paying full price for a beer purchased at a bar or in a restuarant. Princess cruises don't really have problem with passengers carrying on a limited amount of alcohol for consumption in rooms. I think if you were taking the drink out of the room and sitting in bars / lounges drinking then they would have good reason to have problem with that.

Shall I add fuel to the fire here? When my DH and I, as seniors, go to the movies for $2.00 on Monday nights, we pop our own corn at home, toss it in a tote bag along with a can of pop, and OFF WE GO! Corn and pop prices at the movies are EXHORBITANT, and totally "out of line". We also take our own booze on board to enjoy in our cabin.

Hey Judy --

Good reply! But I gotta say, "loosen' up!" -- Everybody to their own tastes, we brought beer on (to RCCI) from IGA in the Virgin Islands (US) and put some in our ice bucket - then the steward never brought us any more ice. We didn't have a bottle opener (no twist tops) and paid big on the next island for one, then noticed one on the end of the bathroom counter! Kinda like when we used to sneak into the movie 60 yrs ago and then spend the whole time waiting to be kicked out in case they knew! (Besides, everyone should have lived in a trailer sometime in their life, it gives you perspective!)

Shall I add fuel to the fire here? When my DH and I, as seniors, go to the movies for $2.00 on Monday nights, we pop our own corn at home, toss it in a tote bag along with a can of pop, and OFF WE GO! Corn and pop prices at the movies are EXHORBITANT quote]

......... and I bet your home made pop corn tastes a whole lot better than the stuff being sold at the Cinema.;)

How do you all handle this issue at home? Do you have to run in and out of the double wide several times to mix another drink or do you just take a cooler out to the trailer park parking lot?

I don't know where ya'll from Miss Judy, but down here in the South weuns don't run back and forth to the trailer house for a can O'beer. That's what we have younguns for.:D

I don't know where ya'll from Miss Judy, but down here in the South weuns don't run back and forth to the trailer house for a can O'beer. That's what we have younguns for.:D

Finally... someone with a sense of humor!

I'm in Gwinnett County, Ga., we hire an immigrant to fetch ours.

• 3 weeks later...

A documented one I'm sure. :D Now let's put this thread to bed, I'm sure you were only joking.

LMAO!!! that was pretty funny ksstizme!!!!!!!! :) :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

i put vodka in water bottles and get a soda card. i will order a soda and carry the bottle of water around with me. i also mix apple martinis and put that into gatorade bottles. i simply ask for a cup of ice and carry around the gatorade bottle. the bartendars know exactly what i'm doing but since i'm somewhat discreet about and they really have no idea what it is the bottles, nothing can be said.

Archived