Now that I have the booze on board...

i put vodka in water bottles and get a soda card. i will order a soda and carry the bottle of water around with me. i also mix apple martinis and put that into gatorade bottles. i simply ask for a cup of ice and carry around the gatorade bottle. the bartendars know exactly what i'm doing but since i'm somewhat discreet about and they really have no idea what it is the bottles, nothing can be said.

I usually get a soda cup, then fill it with JD, then we order sodas on deck! LOL

For the most part we usually have a good bar bill, but considering what's going on with most lines now, we'll prolly really resort to smuggling now! :D

I was actually curious about the same question that this thread was intended to be about, so thanks to the original poster for having the temerity to pose the question. I was thinking about taking the souvenir glasses that for some reason (only God knows why we keep these things, right?) we took home from our honeymoon, and using that to carry drinks to the pool or whatever. I'm sure if we took our ziploc baggies filled with ice and kept a small flask of our alcohol in my beach bag we could replenish discreetly.

And to anyone else, if it makes you feel better about yourself to make offensive, boorish comments then please go ahead as clearly you need the attention.

How do you all handle this issue at home? Do you have to run in and out of the double wide several times to mix another drink or do you just take a cooler out to the trailer park parking lot?

Well, shoot, we jus' never leave the still......

But seriously, we will buy the DOD in the souvenier glass when we are out and about then re-use the glass if we need to, but mainly like to have a few in the room before we hit the clubs at night. Yes we are cheap SOBs but any $$$ we save on booze we spend in port, on pics or in the ship shops(say that 10 times fast). And cruising twice a year they are not loosing money on the few 'undocumented' drinks we have.

• 2 weeks later...

For starters: I am one of the rum runners. I take one of those big bottles of original flavored Listerine (the brown kind), pour that sucker out (cause god knows I'm not man enough to use it for anything but stripping paint off of tools), and fill it with a 1.75 liter of Bacardi gold. Does the Listerine slightly taint the flavor of the rum? Of course it does, but I don't drink it straight, and after a couple I couldn't tell you the difference.

Anyways, my wife's not really a drinker so she usually ends up with a soda card and one of those nifty souvenir cups that comes with it. I generally have her get a coke from the bar (with her soda card), and then mix a strong rum and coke in the souvenir cup and head out to the show. This is enough to get me a good little buzz going, and after this I'll just order beer from the bar to keep it going.

From my experience it's significantly more expensive to get a good buzz going than to keep one going.

(p.s. This is simply what I do personally. I hold no position on the smuggling issue. I say do whatever helps you sleep at night, whether that's following the rules OR drinking smuggled booze:D )

Our last four day cruise my GF and I brought 3 liters of rum, gone by day two. Picked up a liter in Key West, gone the next night. Last night of the cruise bought four from gift shop and finished one of them.......Five liters on a four day cruise:eek:

Going on a seven day next month............

Archived