Conquest- Deck 2 aft or 7 forward?

TMCruising

When I booked through Carnival to sail the Conquest, the rep told me the only available category 6B (oceanview) was on Deck 2 (Main) cabin #2479 (far aft with window looking out back of ship). It appears that some additional 6Bs have since become available - according to the website cabins 7201, 7202, 7203, 6202, and 6203 are available. These Deck 7 (Empress) and 6 (Upper) cabins are far forward with windows looking out front of ship. I am trying to decide if I should request to be moved.

In current location, I am below the aft dining room and above a deck of cabins. Deck 7 is between 2 decks of cabins, and Deck 6 is above the theater (though from the deck plans it seems as though the theater is not directly below the forward cabins).

Please share with me the pros and cons of each location. What noise can I expect in each location? What about the view from each window? How much motion should I expect in each location?

I do get motion sick fairly easily (I cannot read in the car, feel queasy on rough roads or roads with many sharp curves, and don't do roller coasters well). I was on the Fascination last summer on Deck 3 (Upper) and was midship. The only time I felt motion was when I laid down, and even that did not bother me at all, but again, that was midship.

Thank you for any feedback!

Beaware of the two cabins on the front that the beds can not be put together. They sit headboard to headboard. THese are also bigger cabins and are handicapped cabins.

Your cabin on deck 2 under the dining room should not be a problem with noise. You might feel a vibration or shuddering.

One deck 7 the view is obstructed by a wall. The deck outside these cabins are public and people can walk there. They can also look into your cabin. Keep the drapes closed when walking around your cabin nakes is nice. But when our friends sailed in 7206 he didnt see anyone out there all week. THe deck outside could be used as your private balcony.

If I had the choice between the two-- I would pick the one forward on deck 7

http://community.webshots.com/album/548278080jXyEHP

In the cabins i have cruised in- i have experienced maybe shuddering and a slight vibration on the aft. i felt no more movement on the aft then i did when we took a side balcony on the Liberty.

BUT- if you hit rough waters you will feel the motion no matter where you are- we had a mid ship on the Legend--1211 on the riveria deck.

WOW- we hit rough waters. this cabin sits low and midship so according to people I should not have felt it.

I am sure if we were smooth sailing it would have been diffent.

Same with the forward cabin-- we felt a slight sway. Its actually a nice senation to be lulled to sleep like that. It ws not annoying

Archived