Pride Sept. 29th Transatlantic Crossing

Martita B.

Sailor's

Thought I would start a roll call for the Pride Sept. 29th-Oct. 13th Crossing from London to Gloucester, Mass.

Just this week I called my T.A. and ask if he would book me on the Crossing. As I'm on a segment of the Pride "Ryder Cup Charter," from Dublin, I decided instead of flying home from London I would leisurely enjoy 14 days at sea.

There are still spaces available if anyone is contemplating the voyage.

Martita

Ahhh, there you are, Senor' Cadum! If we should decide to have a big Cruise Critic party, in the Constellation Lounge, I guess we 3 will have plenty of champagne and caviar! he he :p

You'll be pleased to hear these will be aboard, JB, AW, C & D M.'s.

I think I know a few more that will also be joining us. Do you know if the Dr.'s from NY City will be aboard?

Martita

Blackbird,

Don't you worry! I boarded the Pride in Lisbon after the March crossing and Miss Martita and the attentive staff kept the Lovely Pride in tip-top condition! (even atfer a rouge wave and engine room fire)

Thank you Matt....of course we'll keep the Pride Castle in tip-top shape! And if it rains during the voyage, I'll again, don my oversized "Boiler room jump suit" and stroll up to the Bridge with my bucket, squeegee and rag and start washing their windows! I know at times they are short-handed and I'm always willing to help out! Last year they seemed slightly shocked when they saw me just a "wiping away,"......but were not surprised when I told them I only had time to do half their windows......I had friends at the Sky Bar waiting for me. (I did sneak back to my suite to change my outfit)

Sooo, Blackie, do not worry another minute about YOUR ship. She will look spotless clean and as beautiful as ever for you in Nov.

Martita

Do you know if the Dr.'s from NY City will be aboard?
Miss Martita, The good Doctors from NYC are slated for the Legend's Nov. crossing. I do not recall them emailing me that they were on this Pride-ful crossing. However, plans do change. The Trivia "Comeback Cruisers" west FL brain trust will not be aboard (2 are waitlisted and a slim possibility they will get aboard). :confused: No fair taking the good Doctors away! :( Someday, I would like to sail on a Seabourn Yacht through the London Towere Bridge! :)

Happy midweek!

Peachy, one of the most fun "affair's" ever on a Pride Crossing was the " Royal Bear's" wedding. It was a glamorous party with the NY Dr.'s (and others) being ring bearer's.....I was the Matron of Honor, dressed in all white lace, adorned in every pearl and jewel I could find on the Pride. Steinar, our electrical engineer, worked miracles as to my very "high" lighted royal tiara. The housekeeper and I borrowed my white sheers from my balcony sliding doorfor the very long train. (the one clothing item I certainly had not packed) The Lord Chancellor Minister performed the nuptials. Guests brought their stuffed animals and these adorned the baby grand piano up in the Constallation Lounge. A gala reception followed. This will probably never happen ever again on the Atlantic Ocean!

I am guessing, however, that we'll all enjoy many more special events and themed parties.....let's put our thinking caps on!

Surely wish you would join us on Sept. 29th .....being on the Pride ship, by the Tower Bridge is unforgettable!

Martita B.

Peachy, one of the most fun "affair's" ever on a Pride Crossing was the " Royal Bear's" wedding. It was a glamorous party with the NY Dr.'s (and others) being ring bearer's.....I was the Matron of Honor, dressed in all white lace, adorned in every pearl and jewel I could find on the Pride. Steinar, our electrical engineer, worked miracles as to my very "high" lighted royal tiara. The housekeeper and I borrowed my white sheers from my balcony sliding doorfor the very long train. (the one clothing item I certainly had not packed) The Lord Chancellor Minister performed the nuptials. Guests brought their stuffed animals and these adorned the baby grand piano up in the Constallation Lounge. A gala reception followed. This will probably never happen ever again on the Atlantic Ocean!

I am guessing, however, that we'll all enjoy many more special events and themed parties.....let's put our thinking caps on!

Surely wish you would join us on Sept. 29th .....being on the Pride ship, by the Tower Bridge is unforgettable!

Thank you so much for sharing the story of the Royal Bear's Wedding Martita! I remember looking at Norm's slide show titled "A Royal Affair" and seeing the good Doctors, all the stufed animals on the piano, your grand entrance with Eric DeGray attending to your long train and not having a clue as to what was really going on. This is great!

I hate to disappoint as I can't join you on Sept 29. Sailing under the Tower Bridge on a Seabourn Yacht is definitely on my "To Do" list! Being a working man and not a gent of leisure, my travel plans are rather constrained. :( I was drooling while watching norm2002's video of the Pride's outbound sailing under the Tower Bridge and almost shed a tear when he spliced in those horn blasts! I am, however, working very hard to be able to join you and The Gang in Mar. 2007 for the Pride crossing! :)

Blackie, Norm has a website album with all of the Pride Crossing gala/event pictures. I believe in the album he has "The Texas Fling Ding," "Hall of Fame Crossing," "Animal Wedding," "A Royal Affair," As Norm was not aboard last March, "Tickled Pink" photos are not included.

I am hoping this Sept. 29th Pride Crossing will be a 'bit smoother...coming straight from London to Mass., hopefully it will be. The fall Cross from Derry, Ireland to St. John, NF tends to be fairly rough.

Peachy, last evening I appointed you to "The Executive Crossing Party/Events Board." Please inform your job authorities that your time/talents are needed elsewhere from March 19, 2007 to April 1, 2006. I do apologize for taking "liberties," I hope you understand my requiring your excellent, first-rate party ideas and suggestions.

Are there others aboard the Pride, Sept. 29th 2006?

Martita B.

Count us in- Jean & Clyde of "Pirate" cruise fame (one of the so-called "survivors). That was our first cruise with Seabourn! What an introduction! We'll be on from London to Gloucester-Gloucester to Quebec-Quebec to Gloucester. Pretty much one month of dining and wining and now meeting Ms. Martita! Wow.

Jean and Clyde,

So happy to hear you'll be aboard! My good friend from Santa Fe, JB will continue on from Gloucester also. You'll enjoy him!

I'm sure we'll all gather up on Deck 7, at the "watering hole" the

afternoon of Sept. 29th.

See you then......

Thank you for posting,

Martita

See you then -- can't wait!! Doesn't the crossing go South to the Azores? I'm thinking from memory on this and it seems to me I read here some time ago that Seabourn abandoned the Northern crossing route because of the possibility of high seas.

Jean

Jean, this Sept. we will go from Plymouth, on to Ponta Delgada, Azores....A much smoother ride, I must say. But I noticed that next year the Pride will leave ,Dover, on to Ireland, then Derry to St. John's Newfoundland. It can certainly be a "sea rodeo" during these sea days.

Have you called on Ponta Delgada? I am hoping Cheffy will take us grocery shopping.....an enormous store. We surely had fun with him last time we were there.

See 'ya at the Sail-a-bration!

Martita B.

Just looked through all my albums of "crossings" and cannot see that we've ever been to Ponta Delgada. I'm looking forward to seeing something new and if a grocery shopping expedition is included (with the chef) that will be a fun thing.

Jean

Jean,

I'll find out as to our Cheffy on the Sept. 29th Crossing. May be "Pascal." Cheffy Ioan Prepelita (regular on the Pride) is aboard the Spirit. By the way, has anyone heard of Cheffy J.P. lately???

Also, new Captain Lorentzen will be at the helm. I think Gunether will be Hot Man. Cutie Stijn Creupelandi should be the Chief Purser. Not certain as to Cruise Director or Maitre 'D. I'll do a 'lit investigating.

I've visited Ponta Delgada a few times, I would rather call on Funchal, Madeira......as I love the open-air downtown market.

Martita B.

My Husband and I are doing this cruise. We were last on the Pride Monte Carlo/Ist. in April that did not go to Libya. We always wanted to do the longer version of this cruise, but it never worked out. Also have never crossed the Atlantic on Seabourn, so....this is a test. Look forward to meeting you. J.A.;)

Why did I think Capt. Anderssen was going to be our capt? I was looking forward to seeing him again. He was our Capt. on the Queen Odyssy some years ago. jean

Jean, as I know you've read of our Captains "switching" ships, the Pride Captains will now be Captain Geir-Arne and Captain Rikard Lorentzen (whom I don't know) Captain Toenis T. moves to the Spirit, perhaps with Capt. Anderssen. Not sure as to the Legend....I'm guessing Captain Buer and Captain Pedersen will be at the helm.

MB

I'll find out as to our Cheffy on the Sept. 29th Crossing. May be "Pascal." Cheffy Ioan Prepelita (regular on the Pride) is aboard the Spirit.
Miss Martita, on my first Seabourn cruise, a B2B in 2002, Cheffy Pascal De Portemont was in charge of the galley. I and the paasengers I talked to all agreed he is a wonderful chef! :) I have not had the pleasure of dining at Cheffy Ioan's Restaurant but I feel you will not be disappointed with Cheffy Pascal if he is aboard for your crossing.

Peachy, Oh I know Cheffy Pascal very well......in fact, last April my friends from England did not have a large "white" wedding when they married a few years ago......soooo, I hosted their wedding one evening.....in the Club before dinner.

Then hosted a wedding supper in the dining room.......wedding cake afterwards. The "bride" took off her veil, long white gloves, and put them them in a gift bag I had, along with her wedding bouquet. Cheffy Pascal came out and stopped by our table to offer his congratulations.......welllll, I presented him with the "wedding gift bag!" Carumba! I know his darlin' lit fiancee' and told him to take her "the gift!" His eyes surely got big when he looked in the gift bag! We all laughed and laughed at his expression! He's a fun fellow

and a marvelous chef!

Pinky

• 3 weeks later...

I'm confused as to Seabourn's transfer to the Boston Airport on Oct. 13th, after the Pride Crossing. I received my pre-sailing documents and the booklet states: "Seabourn Crise Line offers pre-cruise transfer's" (credit card info needs filling out)'Soooo, I'm guessing transfers are NOT complimentary.

Anyone else receiving their pre-doc's?

Martita

Martha: My husband inquired of Seabourn whether they would transport us to Boston's Logan for our flight home to Fl. Answer was they would for (he thinks he remembers) $75 per person. He inquired of the Chamber of Commerce of Gloucester whether there would be transportation to airport by taxi and was told there would be, for around $50 total. So there you are. Hubby isn't exactly sure now what Seabourn's charge is so you'd better check with them. Anyway, it isn't complimentary! We will have the same problem as you when we return from the Quebec portion Oct. 29th.

Martha: My husband inquired of Seabourn whether they would transport us to Boston's Logan for our flight home to Fl. Answer was they would for (he thinks he remembers) $75 per person. He inquired of the Chamber of Commerce of Gloucester whether there would be transportation to airport by taxi and was told there would be, for around $50 total. So there you are. Hubby isn't exactly sure now what Seabourn's charge is so you'd better check with them. Anyway, it isn't complimentary! We will have the same problem as you when we return from the Quebec portion Oct. 29th.

Now, that is strange! I called Seabourn early this month and was told the transfer would be free. As with all travel, have a Plan B in place.

Barbara

Archived