1st time cruise-what time can you board?

1stcruisedm

Hi, I am a first time cruiser. Going on the celebration, leaving from jacksonville, FL. I know the ship leaves at 4:00pm but what time do they allow you to to board the ship?? I don't care if my room was ready, but I would like to explore the ship. ANY input would be greatly appreciated-Thanks:confused:

We have been on 6 cruises now - all Carnival - one of which was Celebration out of Jacksonville. Every time - with out exception we have showed up at about 1130 (local time) and were on baord within the hour. Have fun - nice cruise.

I have been on one cruise before and leaving on another in 9 days both out of Mobile...we always are able to get on at 11 30 local time...Your room will more than likely be ready if not at 11 30 then about one, but the provide lunch on the lido deck and you can explore while you wait...they do not open stores until they get out on the ocean away from ports to avoid taxes. We plan to arrive at 11 30 promptly no use in wasting ANY of that valuable cruise time!!

Have a wonderful time...

We usually get to the port around 10:30 - 11 and generally are on board by noon and have lunch at the lido! Also, they'll tell you the rooms won't be ready until xx:xx, but feel free to go by the room and speak with the room stewards-- often they will tell you to go ahead and leave your bags and will tell you exactly how soon your room will be ready!

Have a great time.

bill

I also advise to eat a large late breakfast, just in case boarding gets delayed. It does not happen often, but it can happen. That way, if you don't get to board until 1pm, you are not starving!!

What do you think? DH and I are also going on the Celebration also , Sept 4. Getting excited! Do you guys think that if you are among some of the first to board that your luggage should also be among the first delivered to your cabin? O.K. I know they have to fill up those big wire baskets. But, still it could not be as late arriving as the people that get to port at 3:00.

What doya think?

Cruisin Candy

When are you sailing on the Celebration? We are leaving in a couple of weeks on July 29 - not our first cruise, but the first in a few years! We are planning on getting there around 11:30 or so hoping to get on board quickly to make the most of our 5 day! We have done two 7 days before so I'm afraid the 5 day is going to seem too short!

I have gone to the NY pier for other cruises, but not for Carnival. The advisory on the website says that you can board at 2. From what I've been reading here, though it seems that earlier is better. We are driving to the pier b/c we live in NYC.

Victory cruisers and other NY boarders----What do you think is the ideal time to arrive at the pier and not have to wait out in the heat?

Archived